Under the supervision of Medical Team Leader, the Community Health Worker is responsible for:
• Conduct both needs assessments and baseline assessments in the communities in collaboration with the M&E Officer and Senior Health Officer.
• Provide regular support to the community health volunteers (CHVs) in the provision of health education in a house to house level and follow up on referrals
• Develop strong relationships with community leaders and other stakeholders operating in the districts, provide updates of activities and develop areas of collaboration to address programmatic gaps and strengthen program impact
• Support recruitment and training of CHVs using internationally accepted curricula and pre/post tests
• Ensure quality of services, accurate data collection and tracking of health promotion activities and client satisfaction surveys
• Develop house hold surveys and questionnaires for knowledge, attitude and practice surveys in collaboration with the M&E Officer and Senior Health Officer.
• Support the assessment of health awareness, mental health issues, and gaps in health services provided at community level. Also, assess beneficiaries’ perceptions toward healthcare services provided by mobile health teams.
• Compile data and submit monthly technical reports to Senior Health Officer.
• Provide regular updates to the IRC security and operations team on any potential risks or issues in the communities
The Community Health Worker will not be line managing any internal staff. S/he might supervise and train volunteers to provide healthcare in supported PHC facilities, if needed.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Medical Team Leader
Indirect Reporting: Senior Health Officer
Working Environment: This position will be based out of the IRC field office in Misurata, Libya.
• Bachelor (2-3 years) degree in Community, Psychology or Mental Health or any related field
• Minimum of two years of experience working as Community Mobilizer with NGO settings.
• Knowledge Libyan cultural variances and issues.
• Experience in Mental Health activities is an advantage.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with daily travel to different field sites in Misurata
• Capacity and flexibility to work under pressure and difficult conditions
• Effective team player with public interest driven orientation
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Self-directed, able to independently set priorities and solve problems with minimal guidance
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in both Arabic & English
• Understand IRC Way, standards for professional conduct; Integrity, Service, Accountability
Email your CV to Libya.Recruitment@rescue.org indicating in the subject the position title. Last date for application will be August 7, 2018.
ارسل سيرتك الذاتية إلى Libya.Recruitment@rescue.org مع الإشارة إلى عنوان المنصب في موضوع الرسالة. سيكون آخر موعد لتقديم الطلبات هو 7 أغسطس 2018.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان