Under the supervision of Medical Team Leader, the General Practitioner is responsible for:
• Provide medical care related to paediatrics and neonatal care to patients, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
• Assessing, Diagnosing and Treating patients with available primary and reproductive health clinical capacity.
• Provide professional medical care to the highest quality and in accordance with national and international laws, protocols, and standards.
• Provide daily curative services for general diseases at the clinic for minor cases and refer more severe cases to other specialized service provider.
• In collaboration with other medical colleagues, collect the quantitative paediatric and neonatal data and ensure the use of management tools in order to improve the paediatric and neonatal services provision and to ensure the safe and high qualified overall performance
• Supervise the maintenance and running of the paediatric equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring their rational use, ensuring pharmacy and medical consumable stock levels to be updated and appropriate. This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist.
• Liaise with pharmacies, laboratories and other providers to ensure quality care as requested by the hierarchy.
• Conduct relevant health education for each treated patient with proper explanation and medical advices
• Ensure proper and clear documentation of clinical findings and treatment plans
• Support the needs of systems and databases as required to ensure proper care of patients
• Perform tasks as needed by the direct supervisor that are relevant to the position
• Report needs, concerns, achievements in the field to the direct supervisor
• Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, and maintain them at all times
• Demonstrate good communication skills and adequate respect for patients and their families
• Participates in Performance Improvement activities as appropriate
• Provide regular updates to the IRC security and operations team on any potential risks or issues in the communities
The General Practitioner will not be line managing any internal staff. S/he might supervise and train volunteers to provide healthcare in supported PHC facilities, if needed.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Medical Team Leader
Indirect Reporting: Senior Health Officer
Working Environment: This position will be based out of the IRC field office in Misurata, Libya.
• Bachelor degree in Medicine with a valid practice license from Libyan Ministry of Health
• Licensed Pediatrician, Board Certification.
• Minimum two years of experience in a related field.
• Relevant experience working at NGOs with similar role is an advantage
• Good understanding of the principles of health care services levels, diagnostic procedures, Libyan health systems, healthcare providers in all sectors, and medical case definitions.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with daily travel to different field sites in Misurata
• Capacity and flexibility to work under pressure and difficult conditions
• Effective team player with public interest driven orientation
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Self-directed, able to independently set priorities and solve problems with minimal guidance
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in both Arabic & English
• Understand IRC Way, standards for professional conduct; Integrity, Service, Accountability
Email your CV to Libya.Recruitment@rescue.org indicating in the subject the position title. Last date for application will be August 7, 2018.
ارسل سيرتك الذاتية إلى Libya.Recruitment@rescue.org مع الإشارة إلى عنوان المنصب في موضوع الرسالة. سيكون آخر موعد لتقديم الطلبات هو 7 أغسطس 2018.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان