Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. The IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC is working in Libya since August 2016, targeting the most vulnerable non-displaced, IDPs, refugees and migrants in hard-to-reach areas. According to assessments, healthcare is considered the priority need in Libya, most urgently in terms of quality health staff, medicines and supplies. There are significant gaps in the response, according to Libya’s Ministry of Health (MoH), the Libyan Red Crescent, UN agencies, and international NGOs. IRC’s team in Libya has the specific goal of reaching those in the hardest hit areas to beneficiaries of all ages and gender, both Libyans and third-country nationals. The emergency health activities will be foscused on supporting essential primary health care. The reproductive health activities will specifically target women and girls. IRC’s emergency team is engaging local communities and empowering them to ensure they have equal access to health services while mobilizing outreach medical teams to maintain proximity to the people in need.
Under the supervision of Medical Team Leader, the Gynecologist is responsible for:
• Assessing, Diagnosing and Treating patients with available primary and reproductive health clinical capacity.
• Provide professional medical care to the highest quality and in accordance with national and international laws, protocols, and standards.
• Provide daily curative services for general diseases at the clinic for minor cases and refer more severe cases to other specialized service provider.
• Liaise with pharmacies, laboratories and other providers to ensure quality care as requested by the hierarchy.
• Conduct relevant health education for each treated patient with proper explanation and medical advices
• Ensure proper and clear documentation of clinical findings and treatment plans
• Support the needs of systems and databases as required to ensure proper care of patients
• Perform tasks as needed by the direct supervisor that are relevant to the position
• Report needs, concerns, achievements in the field to the direct supervisor
• Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, and maintain them at all times
• Demonstrate good communication skills and adequate respect for patients and their families
• Participates in Performance Improvement activities as appropriate
• Provide regular updates to the IRC security and operations team on any potential risks or issues in the communities
The Gynecologist will not be line managing any internal staff. S/he might supervise and train volunteers to provide healthcare in supported PHC facilities, if needed.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Medical Team Leader
Indirect Reporting: Senior Health Officer
Working Environment: This position will be based out of the IRC field office in Misurata, Libya.
• Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery with a valid practice license from Libyan Ministry of Health
• Minimum of two years of experience working as medical doctor (GP)
• Relevant experience working at NGOs with similar role is an advantage
• Good understanding of the principles of health care services levels, diagnostic procedures, Libyan health systems, healthcare providers in all sectors, and medical case definitions.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with daily travel to different field sites in Misurata
• Capacity and flexibility to work under pressure and difficult conditions
• Effective team player with public interest driven orientation
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Self-directed, able to independently set priorities and solve problems with minimal guidance
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in both Arabic & English
• Understand IRC Way, standards for professional conduct; Integrity, Service, Accountability
Email your CV to Libya.Recruitment@rescue.org indicating in the subject the position title. Last date for application will be August 7, 2018.
ارسل سيرتك الذاتية إلى Libya.Recruitment@rescue.org مع الإشارة إلى عنوان المنصب في موضوع الرسالة. سيكون آخر موعد لتقديم الطلبات هو 7 أغسطس 2018.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان