Provide outpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, to improve to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy and delivery risk. This will be done in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors.
• Provide health care related to outpatient gynaecology and obstetrics consultations in particular ANC and PNC
• Prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols and apply medical knowledge and skills for diagnosis and prevention.
• Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood
• Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards
• Participate in the collection and analysis of obstetric and gynaecology epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness, medical error and monitor the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material
• Ensure ongoing Essential obstetric and gynaecology (and newborn) training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care
• Know and ensure MSF Essential obstetric and newborn care, and medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.
• Ensures professional confidentiality is respected at all time
• Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
• Be responsible for the above-mentioned MSF works which are conducted at the Al Medina health centre located in Bani-Walid and support to the MSF medical team in MSF Clinic.
• Keep the OPD/ANC cards and register up to date by noting the details of examinations, diagnosis and treatments and ensure the application of prescriptions.
• Ensure quality care, according to the MSF protocol, and any reference to the relevant services in cases of sexual violence; provide the correct certification and to informe the Medical Referent.
• Know and follow MSF guidelines and procedures in case of accidental exposure to blood
• Ensure that a timely decision is taken for referrals of patients to appropriate structure/speciality and inform the Project Medical Referrent to finalize a necessary course of action
• Actively participate in meetings and/or trainings when relevant, or at the request of the line manager/s
Essential, Gynecology specialist diploma.
• Essential at least 2 year certified work experience in Gynaecology
• Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
English- mandate (Mission Language)
Arabic- asset (Working Language)
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Results Teamwork Flexibility Commitment Stress management
This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
Email your CV to email@example.com indicating in the subject the position title. Last date for application will be August 1st 2018..
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان