DRIVER (4 Positions)
Location of the mission:
1 to be based in Misrata, 2 to be based in Bani Walid, 1 in Tripoli
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical):
Reports to (Functional):
Logistics and Supply
Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle. Ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country's traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service
• Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
• Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another driver uses the vehicle
• Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
• Participating in the loading and the unloading of the vehicles
• Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
• Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver's driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
• Informing the Logistic Supervisor of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
• Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver's position and any potential implications.
• Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passangers know and respect the security rules
Essential driving license
Good knowledge of country roads
• Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience
• Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs
Very good level of Arabic and English (oral and writing) is mandatory
• Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics
• Good knowledge of mission area roads
• Results and Quality Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Behavioural Flexibility
• Commitment to MSF Principles
• Service Orientation
• Stress Management.
This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
Email your CV to email@example.com indicating in the subject the position title. Last date for application will be August 1st 2018..
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان