Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, http://www.msf-me.org
- Translate documents from / to French / English into Arabic upon request.
- Translate discussions / meetings as requested.
- Always keep respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions and MSF staff participating in discussions.
- Ensure confidentiality of all translation is maintained as directed by the Mission/Project coordination team.
- Ensure neutrality and accuracy when translating.
- Declare any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which would necessitate using other staff members for translation.
- Inform international staff about local customs, tradition, etc., that will help understand better the context and better communicate
- Ensures adherance to the principles of medical ethics.
- Respects the legal and moral obligations while in the Detention centers with the medical team.
- Supports in publishing pamphlets in Arabic from a source language; English or French and vice-versa.
- Language fluency (written and oral) in English, Arabic and French
- Previous experience translating documents/ live interpreting
- Language proficiency in any other Sub Saharan Africa language
- Previous NGO experience
Interested candidates should submit their applications before 28 July in English with a CV, motivation letter and supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, via
The reference Qualified Translator must be stated in the application to be valid.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان