Under the line management of the Medical Coordinator the Medic is part of an EOD Team conducing Mine Action activities in the Area of Intervention assigned to the EOD team. The EOD team involves the location, removal and destruction of Explosive Remnants of War (ERW), marking Suspected and Confirmed Hazardous Areas (SHA/CHA) and carryong out Non-Technical Survey. The Medic is tasked to assist the project by providing medical support, casualty treatment and transportation in case of accident/incident. Medical support is a key service, which must be in place at all times while conducting mine action operations.
Responsibilities and Tasks Description
Participate in and Conduct medical training in accordance with HI SOPs.
1. Follow initial and refresher training as requested by line manager; ask for refresher training and guidance any time.
2. Provide BTLS (Basic Trauma Life Support) medical training for the team or any other staff member, as directed by the Medical Coordinator, and requested by the Technical Field Manager(s).
3. Participate actively in CASEVAC drills to demonstrate your abilities to manage with emergencies in respect of the procedures.
4. Promote preventive measures to prevent the contraction of any disease or illness and a high standard of personal and accommodation hygiene to the team.
Ensure the good preparation, use and maintenance of medical equipment.
1. Maintenance and care for the team medical equipment, medical supplies and all other equipment within the project.
2. Account daily the use of the medical equipment ensuring that the minimum required is all the time available.
3. When necessary report to the Medical Coordinator the state of medical equipment, requesting in advance the medical supplies required ensuring the availability of each item as per SOP.
4. Report to the Medical Coordinator on any deficiencies and medical logistical requirements in a timely fashion.
5. Ensure Ambulances are fully prepared for use.
6. Make sure oxygen cylinders are fully charged and all drugs up to date.
Provide medical assistance on the Mine Action operations at HI designated sites.
1. Ensure that HI Medical protocols are respected during the clearance operations.
2. At any time be prepared to assist with medical evacuation as necessary.
3. In case of accident prioritize all relevant lifesaving treatments that casualty requires to maintain life.
4. Under the direction of the medical coordinator, maintain appropriate medical staff records as per HI procedures.
5. Ensure that the medical evacuation plan for a clearance task is understood by all team members, maintained and updated as appropriate, in cooperation with the medical coordinator.
6. Responsible along with the medical coordinator, for the coordination between HI and external medical facilities.
7. Check the evacuation road at least once a week to verify no roadwork’s or road closures that will impair the planned MEDEVAC on that road.
8. Any other duties as required by the Medical Coordinator.
9. Ensuring high standards of hygiene, clean accommodation areas/working areas, welfare of the staff and sustaining high performance medical preventative measures of all staff for the duration of the project.
Ensure proper filing and reporting of operational data.
1. Assure the filing and archiving of everyday medical documents for its team.
2. Ensure the availability and the proper use of HI forms.
3. Ensure that loss and damage reports are filled out for lost or damaged equipment as necessary and report to the Medical Coordinator.
Ensure the good use and maintenance of HI resources and a proper behavior with colleagues in respect of internal regulations and log-admin procedures.
1. Respect welfare and discipline; act as a model in terms of attitude, work ethic and general behavior.
2. Agree and fit with HI ethical, policies and principles.
3. Respect working time and days as well as any other HI rules.
General Duties and other tasks
Demonstrate motivation at work.
Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity building activities.
Respect each team member’s positions, work, and specialty.
Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor.
Any other tasked as directed by the Medical Coordinator, Team Leader, TFM or Chief of Operations.
Qualified Emergency Trauma Medic
Excellent in Arabic.
Spoken and written English an asset.
Minimum of 2 years professional experience, preferably in a similar role.
Previous experience with international or local NGO is desirable.
Previous work in Mine Action is desirable.
General computer and general training skills.
Able to handle confidential and sensitive information.
Able to operate different means of communication (Radio’s, Satphone, etc).
Be able to work in a safe manner and as per SOPs.
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values.
The working hours are normally the following:
Sunday until Thursday, from 08:00 AM to 16:30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break.
Working hours are suitable to be changed depending on the season and environmental conditions.
The employee could be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off would be planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and requested by the project management staff. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the supervisor in the following days.
Line Manager: Technical Field Manager/Medical Coordinator.
Head of Department: Technical Field Manager
Management responsibility: Ambulance Driver
Through their position, the employee could have access to confidential information. Breaches of confidentiality will be considered as a disciplinary fault and be sanctioned appropriately.
All the organisation's employees must take good care of the materials entrusted to them, and must maintain those materials in such a way as to protect them from improper use or misuse.
No double job
Weekly hours: 40
Type of contract: Fixed term ‘’ renewable depends on fund ‘’
Starting date: As soon as possible.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
You will have previous experience with NGO’s. You will be diplomatic and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. You will be sensitive to the needs of vulnerable groups. You will be fluent in English (written and spoken) and Arabic.
Should possess initiative, good communication skills, strong analytical skills and the ability to support others, evaluate and negotiate appropriate options and ability to work under pressure.
A PLUS: previous experience with related position is well required
The position is based at Misurata, Libya
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer
Please send your CV and cover letter to: recruitment@Libya.hi.org subject: Medic - MISU 2018 , closing date 31.07.2018
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان