The incumbent assists in making provision of vehicle and material handling equipment maintenance and repair services in support of surface transport activities of a field mission in accordance with the functional responsibilities of the Maintenance Workshop Unit.
Within limits of delegated authority, the incumbent may be responsible for the following duties:
• Provides assistance in the maintenance and repair of UN-owned vehicles in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s standards for automotive electrical system including Electronic Vehicle Monitoring System (EVMS), air conditioning system, suspension system, braking system (including ABS system) and body work and painting.
• Assists in conducting diagnostic and fault finding; quality control/assurance; road testing; vehicle recovery.
• Identifies reasons for technical faults.
• Assists in conducting vehicle inspections/
• Carries out product upgrades initiated by a vehicle manufacturer.
• Contributes in the preparation of reports to document workshop performance (including personnel matters), vehicle warranties, vendor support and other workshop related activities.
• Enters and updates information in the Electronic Vehicle Monitoring System (EVMS) and Fuel Log software packages.
• Participates in the liaising with the manufacturer representatives for after sales warranty and technical fault claims.
• Assists in identification of requirements for spare parts, hand tools and workshop floor equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان