Working under the overall responsibility of the Country Manager, and directly under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Officer will provide key support to the Project Manager in the roll-out and implementation of project activities. He/she will work closely with the project team members and technical advisors and collaborate with partners, counterparts and stakeholders in ensuring project outputs are of the highest quality and that expected results are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
Reports to :Project manager (PM) based in Tripoli
Staff under direct line management: approximately 6 persons, all based in Tripoli
- Project Management
- Consolidate and review the weekly team planning according to the project objectives and priorities, and taking into account security rules;
- Ensure the action plans of field teams are clearly identified and in line with the operational strategy;
- Plan, prepare and lead project team meetings;
- Monitor each team and monitor their work progress plan;
- Participate to the design and dissemination of tailored Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials to support the activities, including identification of new IEC needs;
- Ensure systematic and proper filling of all project related forms and tools;
- Plan & organize internal or external training in collaboration with PM.
- Monitor the project activities, proper application of HI tools and methodology through regular field visits and report on the actions done and/or difficulties encountered;
- Ensure that all sessions are conducted in line with the standards applied by HI, with the support of the PM and technical advisors;
- Ensure that issues identified through the monitoring process are brought to the attention of the PM and addressed accordingly (quality assurance reports);
- Ensure the project meets its objectives and maximise the impact of activities;
- Team Management/Human Resources
- Directly manage and support the project teams on a daily basis, ensuring they are able to reach their weekly objectives;
- Participate in various stages of recruitment in collaboration with the PM and the support services department (job profiles, tests, interviews and selection);
- Contribute to the development of content and training materials to train team members to the methods, procedures and approaches relating to the project;
- Identify additional staff training needs and assist in the development and delivery of in-house training when appropriate;
- Develop Individual Action Plans and set objectives for each team member under direct line management and ensure that all staff receives regular supervision and performance management;
- With the support services department, ensure that personnel record keeping systems are maintained and monitored, including staff quotas, records of sickness/absences and annual leave, and other records as necessary;
- Ensure security and safety procedures are followed by project staff as outlined by the PM, and report any incidents or violations following the HI security protocol;
- Ensure smooth communication and liaison among the project teams, other HI teams (from all sectors) working in Libya, and the support teams.
- Centralize all needs in equipment and materials identified by the team and coordinate with the PM and the support team to ensure they are covered;
- Ensure all HI procedures (stock, movement, security…etc.) are followed by each team member;
- On a daily basis, validate the stock request orders edited by each project team (SRO);
- Manage the operational buffer stock (if applicable);
- Ensure that procedures and internal logistics control mechanisms are in place and followed by the project team and by the partners (ie. donation certificates, reconciliation);
- Supervise the proper use of equipment and other resources within the project and by partners;
- Coordinate with the support services department to ensure that all required supplies are provided in time for the successful and timely delivery of activities.
- Management of referral cases mapping
- Reception the referrals from external partners and distribute the cases to the field team according to the planning and the emergency level (in close collaboration with the PM); provide the feedback of those referrals to external actors;
- Refer to external partners the cases identified by HI and ensure a follow up;
- In collaboration with the project teams and PM, identify the different services the local stakeholders are providing and update the mapping regularly;
- Support the team through a comprehensive system of beneficiary identification (referral, focal points/community leader network) and reinforcement when needed.
- Reporting and analysis
- Edit weekly reports to PM;
- Write minutes of all meetings chaired or attended for capitalization;
- Ensure with the Database Operator the accuracy of the database, according to the information collected by
the project teams;
- Contribute to the data analysis and provide any other report upon PM request;
- Support the PM in the performance review of the various stages of the project cycle;
- Participate in the identification and project (s) design and strategies, by sharing with the PM propositions on strategies of action to ensure a qualitative response to the needs;
- Report any specific problems that jeopardize the activities and suggest solutions.
- External representation
- On delegation of the PM, represent Handicap International in coordination meetings, bilateral meetings with stakeholders/partners, trainings, workshops, conferences and other events across Libya;
- Maintain a positive image of Handicap international at all times and in all circumstances.
- Assist the Operation Manager and PM in translating when meeting operational staff or external actors;
- Ensure an effective translation oral and or written of project documents/meetings upon request.
- Demonstrating an ethic and professional practice
- Ensure the beneficiaries confidentiality is respected;
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others;
- Ensure the teams interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers;
- Ensure the teams respect the refusal of treatment.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter by email , with the subject refference (Health project officer ) to firstname.lastname@example.org or via libya jobs website .
The post HEALTH PROJECT OFFICER / Tripoli first appeared on Libyanjobs.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان