Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on protection of civilians and civilian infrastructure, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, humanitarian access, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
In Libya, Geneva Call has been working for three years aiming at developing humanitarian engagement with armed parties and communities as a mean to create space for dialogue on the protection of civilians. Geneva Call cooperates supports a range of partners across the country.
Main Objective: Under the supervision of the Head of Office for Libya, the Administration, Finance and HR Officer (national) contributes to the operations of the Geneva Call by ensuring proper and transparent management of the financial, administrative and HR aspects of operations in Libya according to the internal procedures and guidelines, donor requirements, as well as local legislation.
The Admin finance and HR Officer works under the supervision of the Country Director and reports regularly to Headquarters on financial, administrative and HR matters.
This is a national position. For all tasks: The job holder respects the confidentiality of all programmatic, administrative, financial and HR information.
Under the supervision of the Head of Office, the Admin, Finance and HR Officer is responsible for ensuring:
- Respect for internal procedures in terms of accounting and cash flow;
- Respect for internal procedures regarding human resources;
- Financial accountability towards donors;
- Respect for national administrative, human resources and financial national norms, including tax and labour law related;
- The logistical support to the activities (procurement, inventories, etc.).
1 – Office Administration/Logistics
- Supervise administrative staff (if present), security guards, drivers, cleaners;
- Ensure premises are well managed and maintained;
- Make sure office supplies are managed and recorded according to Geneva Call procedures;
- Liaise with relevant suppliers and service providers for required equipment, utilities and services;
- Manage inventory and update reporting to Head of Office on monthly basis;
- Cash flow management
- Manage payments made locally and by the Office in the region;
- Keep mission cash books updated
- Prepare monthly cash requests in coordination with the Head of Office and liaise with HQ.
- Verify the registration and encoding of all the financial transactions, according the to internal procedures;
- Verify all the support documents of the financial transactions and the availibility of funds on donors budget;
- Provide a monthly financial report, including supporting documents;
- Archive all financial documents;
- Participate in audits (annual organization audit, as well as donor’s audits, or audits requested by authorities);
3 – Administration of HR with HQ support
- Make sure Geneva Call HR policy and procedures are consistent with local labor laws
- Ensure visa and work permit requirements are fulfilled for expatriate staff;
- Develop and update HR database;
- Manage staff leaves and report to Head of Office regularly with updates;
- Prepare salary payments for staff and consultants;
- Ensure insurance coverage for all staff;
Reports to Country Director, interacts with programme team in mission, and Finance and HR Departments at the HQ level
External relations :
Banks, suppliers, donors, relevant local and national government agencies.
Completed Degree of Higher Education in relevant fields such as Public Accountancy, Public Administration or Human Resource Management
- At least 3 years in a similar position.
- Experience with international organisations is preferred.
- Experience dealing with bilateral and multilateral donor funding
IT Tools (MS Office, Excel, accounting software, Reporting tools); Financial and Human Resource Management tools
- Required: English, Arabic
- Additional: French
Qualifications / Personal skills:
- Experience in finance, admin and HR management;
- Knowledge and experience of financial/Admin/HR procedures and management tools;
- Experience with INGO grants management, financial reporting, budgeting, audit and procurement;
- Ability to take responsibility, proactive and efficient functioning, strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Understanding and respect for organizational principles, vision, mission and confidentiality;
- Accuracy and reliability;