Position: Country Finance Manager Tunisia & Libya
Location: Tunis with potential movements in Libya & Tunisia
Type of contract: a first 3 (three) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Country Representative upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 9 (nine) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract
Deadline: 26th April 2021
Starting date: End of May with 2 weeks handover
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile
WeWorld-GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organization where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision.
At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld-GVC in Tunisia
WW-GVC has been operating in Tunisia since 2012 through the implementation of the following intervention sectors:
· Socio-economic and rural development
· Human rights
· Good local governance and community driven development
· Prevention of violent extremism (PVE)
· Mainstreaming sectors: Strengthening civil society & Gender equity
In Tunisia, WW-GVC has a main office in Tunis and a field office in Sidi Bouzid.
The main donors are the Italian Interior Ministry, the Italian Cooperation AICS, Italian provinces.
Provisional annual budget 2021: 700,000 EUR.
Tunisia Local team: 4
Tunisia Expat team: 1 dedicated to Tunisia & 4 expatriates working for both Tunisia & Libya missions
WeWorld-GVC in Libya
WeWorld-GVC has been operating in Libya since 2018 through the implementation of the following intervention sectors:
· Humanitarian Aid for host, displaced, migrant and refugee populations through projects promoting access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), primary health, etc.
· Capacity building of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs)
· Promoting respect for Human Rights, in connection with the field of humanitarian protection
In Libya, WW-GVC has its main office in Tripoli and a field office in Sebha (Fezzan region).
Provisional annual budget 2021: 3,200 M EUR.
The main donors are EU Trust fund for Africa, AICS, CERF.
Libya National team: 14 staff
Libya team in Tunis office: 8 staff
WeWorld-GVC is recruiting a Country Finance Manager for Tunisia & Libya who will works under the direct responsibility of the Tunisia/Libya Country Representative and the technical supervision of the Regional Finance Manager.
She/he will directly manage 2 staff in Tunisia (1 Administrative & Logics officer; 1 Secretary) and technically supervised in Libya 2 staff (1 Country Finance officer & 1 administrative & logistics officer in Sebha).
She/he works in close collaboration with the Coordination team based in Tunis composed of: Logistics Country Manager, Tunisia Program Coordinator, Libya Program Coordinator and the Protection and Gender Coordinator.
· Track and manage deliverables and timelines related to grants, contracts, vendors, and partners
· Monitor grant administration to ensure compliance with reporting and expenditure requirements
· Supervise compliance of administrative documents and their proper filing
· Ensure the smooth flow of administrative information and data to the HQ
· Supervise flow of administrative information from project partners and the compliance with MoU
· For each area of Interventions and Country (Tunisia/Libya) supervise and approve regular accounting, including monthly reconciliations, monthly and yearly closing of accounts, monthly journal entries
· Supervise cash and bank balance checking process when closing the monthly accounts
· Being responsible for the preparation of financial reports, in coordination with Regional Finance Manager, and administrative team
· Ensure the compliance of financial reports with donors and internal rules and procedures
BUDGET AND PLANNING
· Collaborate with the Country Representative, Program Coordinator, Project Managers to develop budgets according to donors regulations
· Review administrative/financial terms of grant contracts before signature (payment & financial reporting schedule, etc.)
· Collaborate with the Project Managers, Sector Coordinators, Logistics Coordinator to monitor actual and forecasted expenses against budget to avoid under and overspending on the projects; comply to the flexibility rule
· Monitor financial flows of the projects
· Anticipate financial risks, present budget updates and mitigation plans and report them to the Country Representative
· Coordinate the preparation and constantly monitor/update of core budget of WW-GVC for Tunisia & Libya and provide an analysis to the Country Representatives focusing on gaps and risks
· Participate with the country coordination team in reflecting on the evolution of the mission, and the programming of new projects and/or reorientation
· Collaborate to the management of financial audit performed on the projects
· Supervise yearly financial audit on general accounting for local authorities
· Prepare information and be directly responsible for any assessment/audit performed by donor on WW-GVC administrative procedure
· Design and implement administrative routines, procedures, and systems to increase efficiencies
· Updated the Local Operational Manual for both missions based on WW-GVC procedures to implement organizational policies, including those related to HR management
· Ensure the monitoring of the Mission registration/updated registration (Libya & Tunisia) procedures with the authorities concerned and the various State services
· Supervise administrative and finance local personnel to complete routine tasks
· Capacity building of local staff and partner organizations in areas such as financial management, procurement and logistics, administration, good governance and management of accountability and transparency
· Follow-up payments from donors and financial project close-out (contract liquidation)
· Participate in analyzing staffing needs & costs, compensation & benefits, and performance review practices
· Supervise compliance with all WW-GVC employment regulations relating to payroll, health insurance, work insurance, employee benefits
· Ensure all national staff have valid contracts, updated and signed Terms of Reference
· Support Country Representative to monitor and revise where necessary salary scale, as well as supervising staff leaves, holidays, overtime and contractual obligations
· Take the lead in recruitment of national support staff (Local accountant for Tunis)
· Ensure the smooth running of national staff recruitment according to national procedures
· Participate in inter-admin meetings with other INGOs and NGOs (i.e. Libyan INGO Forum)
· Ensure official representation for the administrative management of the Mission to the competent authorities
Qualifications and Knowledge
· Master or equivalent in Financial/Accounting management
· Knowledge of institutional donor procedures (AICS, EU, UN agencies etc.)
· Good knowledge of the financial administration of a humanitarian mission
· Training and capacity building skills
· Good knowledge of MSOffice
· Fluent in French, both written and verbal
· Fluent in English, both written and verbal
· At least 4 years of specific experience in finance/administrative positions in the international cooperation sector
· Experience of representation to institutions and participation in coordination meetings
· Experience in budget management and monitoring of logistics procedures
· Leadership, planning, organization and teamwork skills
· Proactive and dynamic attitude
· Ability to adapt and work under constraint, under pressure and in complex and multicultural contexts
· Capacity for interpersonal relations and intercultural approach
· Good listening and communication skills
· Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Strong commitment to the mission of WeWorld-GVC, genuine interest in international cooperation development issues
· Demonstrates integrity by modeling values and ethical standards of NGOs
· Knowledge of Arabic and Italian would be considered an asset
How to apply
Please applying at https://weworld.intervieweb.it/jobs/country_finance_manager_tunisia__lib… **