The ICRC Delegation in Libya seeks to fill the following position:
Water & Sanitation Engineer, 100%
The position is based in Misrata
Our successful candidate will have a proven track record in management of water and sanitation projects. They will be able to establish excellent work relations with key interlocuters in various related authorities. They will be passionate about humanitarian work and willing to overcome any obstacles in order to complete the task.
Assessment, Planning & Implementation
· Contributes to the identification, development and implementation of construction and water projects / programs, independently and as a team member
· Maintains contacts with interlocutors / authorities at local level mainly independently
· Conduct assessments on water and sanitation systems as well as other projects as requested
· Participates in the evaluation of the projects / program and makes recommendations
· Establishes comprehensive technical reports on completed projects
· Prepares project proposals including descriptions, sketches, drawings, bill of quantities, cost estimations and implementation planning, based on analysis and department objectives.
· Supervises contractors, sub-contractors and consultants in the field.
· Trains and coaches technical field staff & daily labourers working on water and sanitation projects
· Ensures follow-up of the logistics supply chain (requisition orders, contracts, purchases, quality control, stock management, deliveries, etc.).
· Ensures respect of the ICRC financial, administrative and logistical regulation rules in close coordination with Logistics, Admininstration and technical superiors.
· Organizes and maintains the filing of all relevant project documents.
· Contributes to operational reports and consolidates input from his colleagues.
Selection Requirements and Experience:
· University Degree in Water and Sanitation Engineering or similar or Civil Engineering with 4 years minimum experience in Water and Sanitation engineering.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of water and sanitation engineering
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
· Very good analytical and reporting skills as well as team management
· Awareness of the political, geographical, social and cultural aspects of the assigned environment
· Respects diversity and enjoys working in a multi-national, multi-ethnic environment
· Good computer skills particulary in the use of Epanet and WaterCAD or equivalent software
· Knowledge of AutoCAD or equivalent software is an asset
· Experience or good knowledge of electro-mechanical engineering is a plus
We offer a rewarding and enriching work opportunity in a humanitarian and international environment with initial training and on-boarding.
Official working hours are Sundays to Thursdays 08:30 -17:30 (one hour lunch break)
Starting date: ASAP.
Interested Candidates with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application
· CV in english
· Motivation letter in English – Please note that we require in your motivation letter the following information:
Ø What brings you to apply for the ICRC today
Ø Your Humanitarian motivation
Ø Your General understanding of the position
Ø The added value of your profile
Ø Your Availabilities
Ø Your Salary expectation
· The last 3 references (with managerial working relationship)
· Copy of passport
email@example.com before 12th July 2018, with the title in the email subject “WatSatEngineer - MIR
CVs not mentioning the position in the subject line, will not be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان