Under the supervision of Medical Team Leader, the Nurse is responsible for:
• Assessing the conditions of the patient, initiating medical attention and performing the role of registered nurse
• Handle the triage role of patients based on the initial assessment.
• Aiding physician as required during treatment and examination;
• Updating patients’ registration books and other related appointment information;
• Maintaining and reviewing patient records, charts and other pertinent information relating to HIS;
• Maintaining patient confidentiality;
• Performing other related duties within the clinic as may be assigned.
• Preparing and facilitating regular health education sessions for patients at the clinics in coordination with the clinic staff
The Nurse will not be line managing any internal staff. S/he might supervise and train volunteers to provide healthcare in supported PHC facilities, if needed.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Medical Team Leader
Working Environment: This position will be based out of the IRC field office in Tripoli, Libya.
• Bachelor or Diploma (2-3 years) degree in Nursing with a valid practice license from Libyan Ministry of Health
• Minimum of two years of experience working as nurse in a hospital or primary health care center.
• Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care.
• Relevant experience working at NGOs with similar role is an advantage
• Good understanding of the principles of health care services levels and diagnostic procedures.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with daily travel to different field sites in Misurata
• Capacity and flexibility to work under pressure and difficult conditions
• Effective team player with public interest driven orientation
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Self-directed, able to independently set priorities and solve problems with minimal guidance
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in both Arabic & English
• Understand IRC Way, standards for professional conduct; Integrity, Service, Accountability
Email your CV to Libya.Recruitment@rescue.org indicating in the subject the position title. Last date for application will be July 11, 2018.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان