Under the supervision of Medical Team Leader, the Pharmacist assistant is responsible for:
• Ensuring un-interrupted delivery of essential supplies/equipment (medical/non-medical) required at the mobile health team.
• Receive prescriptions from doctor and verify that required information is on the form before dispense it to the patient according to the prescriptions.
• Notify doctors of incomplete or inaccurate prescriptions
• Instruct advice and educate patients on drug use
• Advise and educate patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments.
• Prepare clear and detailed labels for dispensed drugs written in language that patients can understand
• Ensure drugs are stored and transported according to instructions and standard procedures.
• Record and compile daily, weekly and monthly consumption data of medicines and send reports to the pharmacist (medical logistician) officer (in charge) on weekly basis.
• Submit drug orders required for mobile team to the pharmacist (in charge) on weekly basis.
• Receive the orders from the IRC warehouse and inspect items, as to quality, quantity, and expiry dates. Provide the pharmacist officer with feedback in case of irregularity.
• Arrange stock by category and in alphabetical order, with the earliest expiring stock at the front of the shelf and the first in first out techniques
• Monitor the pharmacy’s and drug store temperature daily & record it in order to ensure all items are kept at the appropriate temperature.
• Notify the health manager (in charge) in advance in case of a high consumption that may lead to low stock or stock out
• Ask advice from the doctors in case a drug is prescribed which is not available and/or is not in IRC standard list for Libya operations.
• Monitor the consumption of antibiotics and any other drugs if required by doctors using the monitoring charts and report to the health manager (in charge)
• Together with the health manager, conduct inventory control of pharmacy on a regular basis
• Follow all safety measures and rules in the pharmacy
The Pharmacist Assistant will not be line managing any internal staff. S/he might supervise and train volunteers to provide healthcare in supported PHC facilities, if needed.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Medical Team Leader
Working Environment: This position will be based out of the IRC field office in Tripoli, Libya.
• Bachelor or Diploma (2-3 years) degree in Pharmacy with a valid practice license from Libyan Ministry of Health
• Minimum of two years of experience working as Pharmacist in a hospital or primary health care settings.
• Knowledge Libyan pharmaceutical regulations and policies.
• Experience in storing and dealing with medical supplies (drugs and disposable equipment)
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with daily travel to different field sites in Misurata
• Capacity and flexibility to work under pressure and difficult conditions
• Effective team player with public interest driven orientation
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Self-directed, able to independently set priorities and solve problems with minimal guidance
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in both Arabic & English
• Understand IRC Way, standards for professional conduct; Integrity, Service, Accountability
Email your CV to Libya.Recruitment@rescue.org indicating in the subject the position title. Last date for application will be July 11, 2018.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان