Defining, planning and monitoring medical activities in the field in accordance with IRC protocols as well as coordinate human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by IRC. Coordinate, supervise, coach and support the medical team in Tripoli.
Under the supervision of Health Officer, defines implements and monitors medical activities in the field according to IRC project plan, standards and protocols. This implies the following:
• Follow up day-to-day activities of the Mobile Health Teams (MHTs), this include collecting green lines (approvals), development and use of preparation checklists before departure to the field, maintain an open channel with Field and/or Safety & Security Coordinator during field visits.
• Be responsible for medical data collection and reporting to the HIMS officer, to ensure a proper monitoring of the program.
• Participate in the development of the project implementation and rostering plans.
• Participate in exploratory missions/ situation assessments and define medical operational priorities when needed.
• Ensure regular contact with supported detention centres and other local medical actors related to the MHT.
• Monitor activity in the different medical specialties, as well as providing technical support to medical personnel in the field through self-knowledge and policies to help IRC medical activities in the field. In this sense, includes monitoring and ensuring compliance with the protocols of IRC medical activities.
• Supervise Hygiene and Infection Control in all IRC direct medical activities.
• Participate in immediate problem solving for any emerging issues during the field visits.
• Report any logistical, security or medical incidents according to IRC working SOPs.
• Participate in triaging of beneficiaries during field medical visits, especially when crowdedness affects the flow of work.
• Provide medical consultations to patients if needed.
• Responsible for referring the referral cases to the secondary healthcare facilities, call the ambulance services in cases of emergency for transportation when needed, following up on them as well as updating the supervisor regularly regarding their status.
• Any other responsibilities if assigned by his/her supervisor for the fulfilment of the program.
• Coordinate, supervise, coach and support medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with IRC protocols and standards as well as MoH protocols.
• Contribute, in close coordination with the Management team, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal / external communication) of the medical staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people capabilities.
• Supervise an efficient management of the IRC field pharmacy and medical equipment, in conjunction with the Pharmacist Officer, and monitor consumption follow-up and support the pharmacist assistant in preparation of drug orders to avoid stock shortages and maintain safety stock at all circumstances; also consider program directions and protocol changes.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Health Officer
Working Environment: This position will be based out of the IRC field office in Tripoli, Libya .
• University degree in Medicine & Surgery.
• Public health specialized training is an advantage.
• Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in health/medical fields, preferably in the NGO sector or UN agencies.
• At least two years in experience in logistical or administrative works.
• Fluent in Arabic and English (Writing, Speaking, and Listening).
• Computer literate with significant experience in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and possess stamina to work under pressure.
• Oriented to the health systems in Libya.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Strong skills in building the capacities, coaching and mentoring others.
• Willingness to work beyond working hours (on call services).
• Self-directed, able to independently set priorities and solve problems with minimal guidance
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Good knowledge about medical supplies, equipment and drugs.
Email your CV to Libya.Recruitment@rescue.org indicating in the subject the position title. Last date for application will be July 11, 2018.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان