The HIMS Assistant is a new position and will report directly to the HIMS officer. S/he will be performed a wide variety of clerical duties in support of patient services across multiple sites and departments. As an integral part of our patient services team the position serves in the predefined health facilities in Libya in order to meet performance and quality assurance benchmarks. Essential duties include the sorting of encounters by program, data entry of computerized patient records and update, analyze, and manage the information on daily/ weekly/ monthly bases. Moreover, s/he will implement the HIMS activities and will provide the needed technical support and regular feedback for the different health projects.
Under the supervision of HIMS Officer, the HIMS assistant is responsible on entering data, support in developing, strengthening, and quality of health programs’ data collection through:
• Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, and data entry.
• Manages the day-to-day operation of the information management collection and analysis.
• Maintain and update records for all aspects of patient billing and management information records.
• Verify accuracy on all patient encounter forms submitted for processing or billing.
• Completes the computer data back-up on a daily basis, and maintain databases (tasks including data entry and cleaning).
• Manages the flow of health information and disseminate to the team as needed
• Provides the needed information to support health monitoring activities.
• Support in the initiation of surveys; designs data collection tools; reviews and analyses data
• Ensure that health teams have accurate, accountable, and verifiable information concerning its activities, particularly for internal and external verification processes.
• Contributes to monthly internal and external technical report
• Ensure that all relevant stakeholders have timely access to appropriate information;
• Follow up with mobile health teams on daily basis the number of consultations, assistance provided, and data.
• Manages all data compilation for the IRC health program, including data from fixed and mobile clinics, community health mobilizers and caseworkers.
• Support internal and external assessment or evaluation consultants by providing them with necessary information.
• Support with preparation of data for donor reports.
• Work with the programs’ responsible to analyze the data to monitor the indicators’ progress and highlight the main trends and changes.
• Performs other related duties as required.
The HIMS assistant will not be line managing any internal staff. S/he might supervise and train volunteers to execute data collection and data entry assignments, if needed.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: HIMS officer
Working Environment: This position will be based at the IRC field office in Tripoli.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Statistics, Management, Information Technology or any related field.
• At least 1 years of experience in database management and data analysis, preferably in the NGO sector or UN agencies.
• Good understanding of the principles, methods and terminology of demographics.
• Experience and knowledge in data analysis.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Experience in Tableau, ArcGIS, Kobo Tool Box or similar software applications in an added advantage.
• Very good communication in English and fluent in Arabic
• Strong sense of personal integrity and understanding of confidentiality and ethics
• Self-directed, able to independently set priorities and solve problems with minimal guidance
• Willing to travel and work between Tripoli, Misurata and Sirte as well as Tunisia, as requested.
Email your CV to Libya.Recruitment@rescue.org indicating in the subject the position title. Last date for application will be July 11, 2018.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان