JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – Project Coordinator Support (main duty station: Zawiya with frequent visits to Aljilat, Sabratah, Zuwara, Tripoli, and around) – LIBYA(West Coast Project)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man-made disasters, and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion, and political belief. For more information, visit our Arabic website, http://www.msf-me.org.
- Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the security management and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards, and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project
- Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed to message. Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities, and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision making processes. Maintaining the security database and providing a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments throughout the west coastal area of Libya
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator.
- Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed.
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment.
- Ensuring regular security briefings/training of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Being contactable by phone and available to assist the Project Coordinator with important context, security, and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays)
- Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
- Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security, and humanitarian environment
- Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting, and solid analysis
- Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
- Desirable: Management experience
- Mission (English) and local language (Arabic) essential (high-level command oral and written)
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
- Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values
- Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues
- In-depth contextual knowledge and solid analysis skills
- High level of knowledge of local culture and customs
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
- Medical health policy
- Regular salary and regular working hours
- Paid leaves policy
Zawiya, Tripoli, Sabratah, Aljilat, Zuwara and surroundings
– Full-time job.
– 48 hours per week.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Each person interested in this position must send his CV, cover letter, diplomas, and work certificates by e-mail titled (Hiring PC support).
The position will be open until 14/03/2021
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان