The ICRC Delegation in Libya, has a vacancy for
Health Field Officer / Physiotherapist
The position will be based in Benghazi Sub Delegation
The successful candidate will contribute to the implementing, running and monitoring the physical rehabilitation program(s), in cooperation with the physical rehabilitation team, according to the objectives set out in the delegation's annual planning for a specific geographic area or field of activities. S/He assesses and provides support to and within an ICRC-run or supported physical rehabilitation center and fulfils various roles to lead in the promotion, improvement, and maintenance of people’s mobility, health and well-being.
· Contributes to the development, implementation, running and follow-up of ICRC assisted physical rehabilitation centers.
· Conducts assessments and regular field visits (as relevant) to monitor activities.
· Facilitates field trips (as relevant) and helps communicate with the local population / victims / beneficiaries.
· Ensures proper management of information collected and produces the subsequent reports.
· Participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall physical rehabilitation service provision situation; contributes to realistic project proposals in line with the delegation's objectives and priorities.
· Helps organize meetings; contributes to financial monitoring of the costs involved in the project(s)/activities supported e.g. refund of transportation cost to beneficiaries
· Interprets at meetings and translates documents into local languages.
· Carries out logistical tasks related to physical rehabilitation services, and organizes distributions to beneficiaries in the field when required.
· Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, thereby ensuring more efficient implementation of physical rehabilitation projects.
· May represent the ICRC vis-à-vis beneficiaries, local authorities, humanitarian players, armed groups, etc.
· Participates to the multidisciplinary clinics in the centre and works closely with the technical and clinical staff with the focus to strengthen Physiotherapy engagement.
· Actively engages in the physiotherapy department to strengthen interdisciplinary team approach and overall quality of services provision.
· Assist in Patient Management system (PMS) introduction and maintenance of an updated databas.
· Assist in Micro Economic Initiatives (MEIs) development and implementation
Required background, skills and competencies:
· Bachelor's degree or diploma in physiotherapy, or technical diploma with 3 years' full-time training, with a valid license to practice in the country of residence
· Minimum 2 years’ work experience in physical rehabilitation.
· Relevant additional degrees (e.g. public health, rehabilitation techniques) are an asset.
· Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
· Teaching experience and skills are a strong asset.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to adapt and interact constructively with others.
· Proven planning and organizing skills.
· Service oriented and flexible.
· Capacity to handle sensitive information with strict confidentiality and ethics
· Genuine interest in humanitarian activities (especially ICRC's), previous experience in humanitarian environment an asset
We offer a rewarding and enriching work opportunity in a humanitarian and international environment with initial training and on-boarding.
Interested Candidates with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application with 3 references toThis email
. email@example.com before 11th of July 2018, with the title in the email subject “Physiotherapist in Benghazi”.
CVs not mentioning the position in the subject line, will not be considered
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان