Position Title: COVID-19 Clinical Mentor.
Position Reports to: Medical Coordinator.
Field Site: Garaboulli.
Date Needed: ASAP.
COVID-19 clinical mentor will provide clinical mentoring to health care professionals involved in diagnosis and management of COVID-19 cases at the targeted health facility, COVID-19 clinical mentor is required to provide regular clinical mentoring at all departments involved in diagnosis and management of COVID-19 cases by direct clinical shadowing during working days from 9:00 to 5:00 throughout project implementation, mentoring will be applied based on standard structured mentoring objectives developed by COVID-19 clinical training consultant.
- To provide clinical mentoring to medical doctors working at the targeted health facility after they receive IMC COVID-19 theoretical foundational training provided by IMC COVID-19 clinical training consultant.
- To attend the theoretical foundational training provided by IMC training consultant to be able to understand the scope of the material provided to trainees
- To be familiar with clinical mentoring standard objectives that trainees need to fulfill to be able to apply in clinical practice and to ensure that medical doctors are capable to diagnose and manage COVID-19 cases according to national and international standard guidelines and protocols.
- To be available on daily basis during working hours from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM during working days from Sunday to Thursday at the targeted health facility to provide clinical shadowing and mentoring to health care professionals at the targeted health facility.
- To demonstrate the clinical skills required to diagnose and manage COVID-19 cases in front of targeted health professionals to allow them to observe the proper clinical approach and practical skills required to diagnose and manage COVID-19 cases.
- To encourage health care professionals to applied learned theoretical knowledge practically and provide them with immediate feedback about their performance and skills and to correct any mistakes in their approach and application.
- To ensure adherence to safe clinical practice as advised by national health authorities including strict adherence to infection prevention and control, waste management, and post-exposure prophylaxis protocols.
- To ensure the appropriate use of personal protective equipment according to need and indication, and as mandated by type of clinical procedures practiced.
- To organize and allocate time evenly between different departments dealing with COVID-19 cases including providing mentoring at the emergency department, triaging unit, admission wards, and intensive care units to provide adequate mentoring to all targeted health professionals.
- To ensure the availability of national clinical guidelines that facilitate adherence of health care professionals to standard practice at all departments dealing with COVID-19 cases.
- To follow up and ensure fulfillment of targeted health care professionals to all criteria outlined in the mentoring objectives developed by IMC training consultants.
- To provide feedback to the heads of departments and administration of the hospital to improve the clinical practice at the health facility and to provide better quality health services to COVID 19 cases.
- To report activities and progress in clinical mentoring in addition to any issues or challenges faced in the field to the IMC medical coordinator to allow follow-up and monitoring of progress in the achievement of project goals.
- To provide verbal and written feedback and reports regularly to the project medical coordinator, as per the agreed reporting mechanism.
- To work closely with the monitoring and evaluation department to conduct feedback and satisfaction surveys during providing clinical mentoring at multiple points during the project to allow a proper assessment of the quality of mentoring and to adjust the mentoring process accordingly.
- Follow security protocols including submission of travel requests and providing travel
updates daily to the security focal point and supervisor.
- Attend and participate in regular country and program meetings as scheduled.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by his/her supervisor for the fulfillment of program objectives.
- Graduate of Medical school with a bachelor degree in medicine and surgery.
- Minimum of 3 years of continuous practical clinical experience.
- Experience or rotation in departments essential to COVID-19 like the emergency department and ICU.
- Specialty training in areas relevant to COVID-19 like internal medicine and critical care is preferable.
- Leadership capabilities and ability to provide mentoring and feedback to other health care professionals.
- Previous experience in providing clinical training or clinical shadowing to junior health care professionals is preferable.
- The ability to speak, write, and report in Arabic and English at a minimum of intermediate level is mandatory.
- Competence in using Microsoft office applications is mandatory.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Email your CV to email@example.com indicating in the subject the position before submitting it. Please name your CV as following: CV_your full name.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان