Position Title: Medical Doctor – Covid.
Position Reports to: Medical Coordinator.
Field Site: Sabha.
Date Needed: 1st of April.
- Provide capacity building and hands on clinical care for COVID-19 suspected or confirmed cases as part of IMC support to MOH in COVID-19 preparedness and response, doing follow up care and supervision as per MOH, WHO and IMC guidelines.
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of essential health care services for non covid-19 cases during the pandemic in the IMC supported health facilities.
- Manage the team under his direct responsibility according to IMC HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling visits, an ensure timely attendance and departure in the clinic location.
- Work as a team with other medical providers from MOH as well as non-medical staff to ensure a better more efficient patient care.
- Provide medical consultations and appropriate medical treatment focusing on COVID-19 patients in OPD or isolation facilities and for non covid-19 patients ensure diagnosis, treatment and planning of medical activity with the appropriate use guidelines, drugs and devices in the supported health facilities.
- Ensures that diagnosis, management and treatment are properly done according to MOH and IMC clinical guidelines and SOPs.
- Follow strictly IMC and MOH clinical protocols and ensure the medical team under his supervision are following them.
- Responsible for referrals from the PHCs of suspected covid-19 to the isolation facilities in close collaboration with MOH doctors.
- Supports in the follow up of patients and complicated cases, coming back to the OPD consultations.
- Willing to participate and present case studies if asked to, and analysis data to improve patient care and quality control.
- In collaboration with Medco responsible for all COVID-19 training related to IPC and case management (theoretical and practical) of health professionals in the supported departments.
- Check and control the rational use and distribution of PPES equipment and ensure disinfection and sterilization of the medical material are done with the support of IMC infection control Nurse and in collaboration with MH heath staff.
- Ensures IPC measures and universal precautions followed at all times, contributes to reducing risk of infection and infection control improvements. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards by his team.
- Support in performing regular health education sessions for health staff and beneficiaries.
Support hospitals to strengthen or establish their outbreak emergency coordination task force, by strengthening existing outbreak response mechanisms, such as their IPC committees, or creating and building the capacity of teams where they do not exist.
- Obtain appropriate information and maintain sufficient patient records as needed.
- Provide patients with correct information regarding his/her conditions and ensures patient confidentiality.
- Work and plan with other program staff on program activities needed to be implemented on the ground.
- Follow-up patients as appropriate including those referred to higher facilities.
- Inform his/her supervisor of any needs in the facility for prompt action.
- Provide a regular written and verbal updates regarding activities conducted including monthly reports and daily data collection report on morbidity and services rendered.
- Submit the monthly PPEs consumption report to supervisor.
- Follow security protocols including: provide travel updates on a daily basis to security focal point and supervisor.
- Attend and participate regular country and program meetings as scheduled.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by his/her supervisor for the fulfilment of program objectives.
- Registered medical doctor, with experience in ICU / ER.
- Ability to perform clinical procedures such as endotracheal intubation.
- At least 3 years’ clinical experience.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to provide feedback/reports regarding work -related activities.
- Speaks Arabic and English.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Email your CV to email@example.com indicating in the subject the position before submitting it. Please name your CV as following: CV_your full name.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان