Title: Awareness Officer / Health Focal Point
Job location: Misrata, Libya
The project “Enhancing the resilience of vulnerable girls, boys and their caregivers in West Libya through access to quality education and child protection services”, funded by UNICEF, intends to promote a favorable protection environment for girls and boys affected by the crisis in Western Libya through protection monitoring, provision of psychosocial assistance, child protection services and safe learning environment.
Project areas of intervention:
Cesvi Baity Centers
CSOs in the surrounding areas
Nearby public/private schools
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Participate in the initial planning of specific project activities;
- Participate in meetings with community leaders in order to identify key focal points from local communities and other relevant stakeholders;
- Actively participate in assessments with key informants selected directly from local communities;
- Contribute to analysis of multi-stakeholder assessments findings and support development of key recommendations;
- Support in identifying existing barriers that limit access to health services for different community groups;
- Contribute to development of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials such as posters, leaflets, flyers, PowerPoint presentations and others about health, social acceptance and other crosscutting subjects (in coordination with Awareness Coordinator and International Medical Corps focal points);
- Organize awareness-raising and advocacy events targeting different audiences (projects’ beneficiaries, local authorities and others) with purpose of reach diverse audiences and sensitize them on themes such as discrimination and integration;
- Organize information dissemination campaigns where IEC materials are distributed among communities so as to inform audiences about available health services;
- Support UNICEF focal points in building capacities of community mobilizers on how to carry out distribution of IEC materials (it is required to support facilitation of trainings about communication skills, how to influence social and behavioral change and trainings about the specific materials developed);
- Report immediately any violation of Cesvi’s Code of Conduct, CP Safeguarding and PSEA Policies.
- Represent Cesvi in a professional manner in meetings and ensure good cooperation/coordination with other projects ongoing at Cesvi’s;
- Participate in multidisciplinary trainings and meetings regarding Protection activities;
- Assist in performing any other tasks as requested by the Awareness Coordinator or any member of Cesvi Senior Management Team.
Duty station: Misrata
Responsible to: S/he will report directly to the Field Coordinator
- Health Insurance
- Social Security
- University degree in psychology, social work, social administration, social sciences, development studies, or a relevant field is an asset.
- At least 1 year experience with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations
- Experience in handling cases is an asset.
- Trainings in child protection and/or GBV minimum standards and gender mainstreaming are an asset.
- Previous experience of work with migrant and refugee communities is an asset.
- Good understanding of Protection Principles and Case Management standards
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness campaigns
- Good computer skills especially Microsoft packages.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
How To Apply
Submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: email subject must include position title