Under the overall guidance and supervision of the concerned COM at the regional Hub of Rabat, the Field Representative ensures the effective functioning of the FR Office and undertakes a coordination role in supervising the implementation of IsDB financed projects in the Libya.
General Operational Matters:
- Contribute to the development of project pipeline and annual work program
- Liaise with Government on follow-up issues associated with ongoing IsDB projects
- Facilitate IsDB Group missions to the country
- Through field visits and participation in IsDB missions, become familiar with the ongoing IsDB portfolio to ensure a thorough understanding of the ongoing IsDB portfolio and the key issues emerging from projects;
- Ensure routine follow-up with ongoing projects on outstanding supervision recommendations and advise COM as necessary and as requested; take actions as per recommendations of COM.
- Any other tasks as and when requested by the COM and/or the Regional Hub Manager
Specific Operational Matters :
- Follow-up on signature and effectiveness of the project financing agreements.
- In coordination with concerned Operations Team Leaders, visit the project sites, especially those laden with problems that must be visited more frequently.
- In coordination with concerned Operations Team Leaders, prepare project implementation assessment reports
- In coordination with concerned Operations Team Leaders, prepare project completion reports for completed projects in the country.
- Under the supervision of COM, interact with the executing agencies and local partners in identifying new business opportunities and avenues for collaboration.
- Represent the Bank in the technical and financial partners regular meetings in Libya
- Under the supervision of COM, explore with international development financing institutions based in the Country on co-financing and partnership opportunities with IsDB
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation:
- Under the supervision of COM, interact with colleagues and counterparts to share knowledge, and experience about the country and developments taking place in key sectors of the economy.
Reporting & Communication:
- Prepare periodic reports on country portfolio performance as well as recent political, economic and social development
- Disseminating IsDB guidelines, procedures and policies on project implementation to executing agencies and other stakeholders and facilitating communications between IsDB and development stakeholders in the country.
- Disseminating IsDB strategic orientations, flag-ship initiatives and services and products
- Under the supervision of COM, representing IsDB in meetings in the country when specifically required.
Bachelor’s degree in a Economics/Education/ Energy/ Food Security/ Health Management/ Rural Development/ Transportation / Water Management/ Engineering or related field..
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- Additional qualification or certification in Project Management like PMP would be highly desirable.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the development sector, of which minimum 5 years in a specific sector
Skills and Necessary Knowledge:
- Project Management skills.
- People Management skills.
- Quality Management.
- Results Orientation.
- Portfolio Management.
- Time and resource management.
- Building Relationships
- Passion for Excellence
- Problem Solving skills
- Vendor Management
- Global Trends and Challenges in the specific sector.
- IT skills, especially in project management.
Location IsDB Field Representative Office in Tripoli, Libya.
Please click on the link below to apply: