Position: Logistics Assistant – Sabha
Contract duration: 6 months, renewable
Starting date: April 1st, 2021
Background on ACTED in Sabha:
ACTED is an independent non-governmental organization operating in Libya since 2012 operating in the West, East and South of Libya.
Under EUTF funding ACTED is aiming to implement an Economic Development program for two years (03rd November 2020- 02nd November 2022) in Sebha and Ubari. The aim of the project is to strengthen local institutions working on economic development, support in vocational training of Libyans and non-Libyans and incubation support to small businesses. For this project ACTED is seeking to recruit for new support officer to ensure the smooth running of administrative and logistical tasks within the Sebha base, to facilitate the efficient implementation of project activities.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality, and non-discrimination.
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in timely manner.
- Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines, and other reasonable requests.
- Maintain a good team spirit and stimulating working environment amongst staff and colleagues.
- Commit to honest, high quality work in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Be solution driven.
- Consider safety and security in the field, and immediately report all incidents to the security focal point.
HR and Admin support:
- monthly collection of Attendance Sheets and distribution of Pay slips in the South of Libya as well as day to day admin documents such as vacation request, sick leaves and so on.
- monthly archiving, and scanning, and ensuring shipment of HR documents to Tripoli.
- follow up on attendance in Sebha office.
- support the HR department in Tripoli on staff file arrangements, updates, and completion.
- Assisting FLATS Officer in collecting quotations as assigned
- Assisting FLATS Officer in external visit, to collect quotations, make payments, or any other purpose.
- Preparation of documents such as quotation request, Procurement Memo, Contracts, Waybills, Reception Voucher etc., as directed by FLATS Officer.
- help facilitation event and external activities.
- support the FLATS officer in delivery follow up/ stock management, transport management, asset management and filing.
- Prepare weekly vehicle schedule.
- Make sure cars are in operational sound condition.
- Make sures cars are equipped with basic safety equipment.
- filing of procurement documents
- Assisting logistics department in preparing the monthly documents archiving, and preparation for shipment to Tunis
- Keep an up-to-date record on assets.
- Filing of all asset documentation.
- Support FLATS Officer in preparation of monthly Logistics report as assigned.
- Support FLATs officer in the monthly Closure, including scanning of vouchers and all closure documents.
- Support FLATs officer in the day-to-day vouchers preparations and checking payments documentation.
Support compliance and audit:
- Support the FLATS officer to solve any tasks assigned by compliance in Tunis.
- Support the FLATS officer in archiving and filing.
- Maintain strong communication with ACTED Country Office in terms of management and implementation of system, FLAT procedures, and programs.
- Ensure support team’s work is compliant with ACTED internal manuals and procedures, conduct regular check to identify possible gaps or breach in procedure follow-up and advise Compliance Officer of necessary training and support needed at the field office level.
- Master’s degree in administration or similar
- 1 year experience in the INGO sector necessary
- Experience in office management and administrative processes
- Strong knowledge of Sebha and Southern Libya context
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under stress.
- Being a strong team player
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and to maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative relationships with colleagues, institutional partners, and beneficiaries.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office, required.
- Arabic and English speaking and writing skills mandatory.
HOW TO APPLY:
- TO APPLY: We look forward to receiving both: Cover letter+ your CV with 2-3 references attached by email to: Tripoli.firstname.lastname@example.org
- THE POSITION YOUR APPLYING FOR HAS TO BE SUBJECTED IN YOUR EMAIL OTHERWISE YOUR CV WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Please note Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان