· Translate workshops and conference information material, of which may include: PowerPoint Presentations, Concept Notes, Situation reports, Working Papers, Agendas, etc.
· Translate official correspondence to and from respective counterparts.
· Translate public information materials, of which: thematic newsletters, info-sheets and brochures, press releases, audio-visual products etc.
· Translate reports and periodical publications.
· Translate any other content necessary from English to Arabic and vice versa, or from French to Arabic and vice versa, upon request.
Proofreading and Editing:
· Be responsible for proofreading and editing where necessary RO products previously translated into Arabic.
Design and Layout:
· Ensure design and layout of translated documents correspond to the design and layout of the original, English or French documents as required.
Tangible and Measurable Outputs of the Work Assignment
· Translate documents and materials within the context of the Regional Review of the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly, and Regular Migration and the International Migration Review Forum.
· Translate documents, when required, for the UN Network on Migration
· Translate the GCC Sub-Regional Strategy as well as the Regional Study on the Kafala System
· Translate Situation reports, inclusive of humanitarian response, COVID-19 and other materials, such as policy briefs
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· University degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in translation with good knowledge of sociological and political terminologies.
· Experience in written translations in all three languages: Arabic, English and French, for clients such as UN agencies, research institutes, human rights organizations, international organizations, translation services or others;
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
· Knowledge of InDesign software is preferable;
· Prior work experience with IOM and/or United Nations agencies would be an advantage.**
· Fluency in English, French and Arabic (oral and written) is required.
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed
manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies: – behavioural indicators
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
The consultant must adhere to the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Protection Principles (IN/138) and maintain confidentiality.
The consultant will be responsible for following IOM writing guidelines and latest glossaries in all given assignments for accurate translation.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this Call for CV is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, and work permit, as applicable.