Position Title: Laboratory Training Consultant.
Position Reports to: Medical Coordinator.
Field Site: Tripoli, with visits to other locations: (Zliten, Garaboulli , Nalut).
Date Needed: 14th, February 2021.
COVID-19 Laboratory training consultant will work on the development of training material to build the capacity of laboratory technicians working at medical Laboratories of targeted health facilities to conduct COVID-19 specific laboratory techniques like PCR, Laboratory training consultant will deliver the theoretical foundational training at targeted sites and will also develop standard mentoring criteria to provide follow-up laboratory mentoring and will orient and train IMC laboratory mentors on the
best ways to apply clinical mentoring standard criteria.
- To develop 1 training module on COVID-19 related Laboratory techniques based on the most updated national guidelines issued by MOH’s scientific committee on COVID-19 and Libya’s National Center for Disease Control and internationally issued guidance published by WHO, American and European centers of disease control.
- Training module to be developed by Laboratory training consultant will include general rules and basics related to the proper application of medical laboratory tests in general in addition to highly specific Laboratory tests related to COVID-19.
- To develop a training module in a simple and practical format that allows laboratory application and follow up and mentoring by IMC Laboratory mentor during the period of Laboratory mentoring that will follow theoretical foundational training.
- To deliver the actual training for the sites targeted by the COVID-19 related capacity building project, this will be around one week of full-time training per site, training consultant needs t to be flexible to travel to sites that can be remote during the period of training delivery.
To prepare essential tools required to conduct the training including training agenda, training module PowerPoint presentations, and pre and post-training assessment questions.
- To conduct a pre-training capacity assessment if needed through short visits to sites targeted by the project, capacity assessment to be conducted through a half-day workshop with targeted trainees.
- To focus on COVID-19 related laboratory tests like Real-time PCR, to ensure that laboratory technician who will participate in the program as trainees are able to understand and apply all practical laboratory testing steps required to treat and analyze swaps taken from COVID-19 cases.
- To develop standard post-training follow up and mentoring criteria with clear objectives to be fulfilled during the period of laboratory mentoring and to orient and train IMC laboratory mentors who will conduct laboratory mentoring about developed mentoring criteria.
- To conduct an additional online-based training after delivery of the main 3 training sessions at targeted sites, to allow laboratory technicians who were not able to attend the training to receive it online, these online training sessions will be recorded and shared with targeted laboratory technicians for future reference.
- To report progress in the development of training materials and delivery of training regularly ( on weekly basis ) to IMC medical coordinator to allow follow-up and monitoring of progress in the achievement of project goals.
- To develop and submit a final report after the development of all training modules and after delivery of all theoretical foundational training to all sites.
- To work closely with the monitoring and evaluation department to develop a feedback mechanism to allow trainees to give their feedback and suggestions at different points of the project including after the delivery of foundational training, during laboratory mentoring, and after finalizing laboratory mentoring.
- Follow security protocols including providing travel updates daily to the security
focal point and supervisor.
- Attend and participate in regular country and program meetings as scheduled.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by his/her supervisor for the fulfillment of program objectives.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in medical technology.
- Has a minimum of 10 years of applied practical experience in a reference Medical Laboratory that can run Real-time PCR testing.
- Special vocational training in gene amplification testing through Polymerase Chain Reaction.
- Experience working in one of the main NCDC reference Labs is preferable
- Involvement in the development and /or revision of national COVID-19 protocols and guidelines is favorable.
- Speaking, writing, and reporting skills in Arabic and English to an intermediate level is mandatory.
- Competence in using Microsoft office applications is mandatory.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject the position before submitting it.. Please name your CV as following: CV_your full name.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان