Position Title: COVID-19 Clinical Training Consultant.
Position Reports to: Medical Coordinator.
Field Site: Tripoli, with visits to other locations: (Zliten, Garaboulli , Nalut).
Date Needed: 14th, February 2021.
COVID-19 Clinical Training Consultant will work on the development and delivery of training modules on clinical diagnosis and management of COVID-19 at secondary and tertiary level health facilities and COVID-19 specific health posts including triaging units and isolation centers, training material will be developed based on the gaps and shortages of knowledge and is supposed to be designed to be easy to understand and practical to apply to be followed by structured and standardized clinical mentoring
by IMC clinical mentor, training modules to be developed by COVID-19 clinical training consultant will start from diagnosis all to way to advanced management inside intensive care units.
- To develop 2 training modules on the clinical diagnosis and management of COVID-19 based on the most updated national guidelines issued by MOH’s scientific committee on COVID-19 and Libya’s national center for disease control and internally issued guidance published by WHO, American and European centers of disease control.
- Training modules to be developed by training by training consultant will be divided into General Clinical Approach to COVID-19 cases, from diagnosis to clinical case management and Intensive Care Unit monitoring and management of critical COVID-19 case.
- To develop training modules in a simple practical format that allows clinical application and follow up and mentoring by IMC clinical mentor during the period of clinical mentoring that following theoretical foundational training.
- To deliver the actual training for the sites targeted by COVID-19 related capacity building this will be around one week of full-time training per site, training consultant need t to be flexible to travel to sites which can be remote during the period of training
- To prepare essential tools required to conduct the training including training agenda, training modules PowerPoint presentations, and pre and post-training assessment questions.
- To conduct a pre-training capacity assessment if needed through short visits to sites targeted by the project, capacity assessment to be conducted through a half-day workshop with targeted trainees.
- To develop a general clinical approach and management training module that encompass diagnosis and management of all COVID-19 cases apart from cases that require ICU management, this will include multiple lectures including triaging, diagnosis and workup of COVID-19 cases , use of imaging in COVID-19 cases, and pharmaceutical and non pharmaceutical management of COIVID-19.
- To develop a simplified training module on the monitoring and management of severe and critical COVID-19 cases that require management in High dependency units and intensive care units, this will include an explanation of advanced invasive procedures and their indications in addition to management of sepsis and acute respiratory distress and the main settings and basics of use of a mechanical ventilator in COVID19 cases.
- To develop standard post-training follow up and mentoring criteria with clear objectives to be fulfilled and achieved during the period of clinical mentoring and to orient and train IMC clinical mentors who will conduct clinical mentoring about developed mentoring criteria.
- To conduct an additional online-based training after delivery of the main 3 training sessions at targeted sites, to allow medical professionals who were not able to attend the training to receive it online, these online training sessions will be recorded and shared with targeted trainees for future reference.
- To report progress in the development of training materials and delivery of training regularly ( on weekly basis ) to IMC medical coordinator to allow follow-up and monitoring of progress in the achievement of project goals.
- To develop and submit a final report after the development of all training modules and after delivery of all theoretical foundational training to all sites.
- To work closely with the monitoring and evaluation department to develop a feedback mechanism to allow trainees to give their feedback and suggestions at different points of the project including after the delivery of foundational training, during clinical mentoring, and after finalizing clinical mentoring.
- Follow security protocols including providing travel updates daily to security focal
point and supervisor.
- Attend and participate in regular country and program meetings as scheduled.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by his/her supervisor for the fulfillment of program objectives.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Holder of bachelor degree in medicine and surgery.
- Has a minimum of 10 years of applied clinical experience.
- Specialty training in clinical specialties related to COVID-19 is preferable, this includes internal medicine, emergency medicine, and anesthesia and intensive care will be preferable.
- Subspeciality or fellowship in areas more specific to COVID-19 is preferable this include: infectious medicine and intensive care, will be preferable.
- Involvement in the development and /or revision of national COVID-19 protocols and guidelines is favorable.
- Speaking, writing, and reporting skills in Arabic and English to an intermediate level is mandatory.
- Competence in using Microsoft office applications is mandatory.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Email your CV to email@example.com indicating in the subject the position before submitting it.. Please name your CV as following: CV_your full name.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان