Position Title: COVID-19 Laboratory Mentor.
Position Reports to: Medical Coordinator.
Field Site: Nalut.
Date Needed: 14th, February 2021.
COVID-19 Laboratory mentor will provide shadowing to the laboratory technicians working at targeted health facility’s Medical Laboratory to ensure their ability to practically apply the theoretical knowledge they learned during foundational training to be able to independently run COVID-19 specific medical laboratories like real-time PCR, Laboratory mentor will apply the standard mentoring criteria to ensure capacity development of trainees.
- To provide regular mentoring to laboratory technicians working at the medical laboratory at the targeted health facility after they receive IMC COVID-19 related laboratory techniques theoretical foundational training provided by IMC COVID-19 Laboratory training consultant.
- To attend the theoretical foundational training on COVID-19 related laboratory techniques provided by IMC Laboratory training consultant to be able to understand the scope of the material provided to trainees.
- To be familiar with clinical mentoring standard objectives on COVID-19 related laboratory techniques that laboratory technicians-trainees need to fulfill to be able to apply while conducting all laboratory tests in general and tests more specific to COVID-19 like PCR.
- To be available on daily basis during working hours from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM from Sunday to Thursday at the targeted health facility’s medical laboratory to provide shadowing and mentoring to laboratory technicians at the targeted health facility.
- To demonstrate the laboratory skills required to conduct all basic medical laboratory skills in general and COVID-19 specific laboratory tests and techniques like real-time PCR in front of targeted health professionals to allow them to observe the proper covid-19 laboratory testing approach.
- To encourage health care professionals to applied learned theoretical knowledge practically and provide them with immediate feedback about their performance and skills and to correct any mistakes in their approach and application.
- To ensure adherence to laboratory safe practice as advised by national health authorities including strict adherence to infection prevention and control, waste management, and laboratory accident management and reporting protocols.
- To ensure the appropriate use of personal protective equipment according to need and indication at a medical laboratory, and as mandated by type of laboratory testing conducted.
- To organize and allocate time evenly between different general laboratory tests required during clinical practice and care fr COVID-19 cases and between training on COVID-19 specific tests like genetic amplification methods like real-time PCR.
- To ensure the availability of national clinical guidelines that facilitate adherence of health care professionals to standard practice during all laboratory procedures and tests applied at a medical laboratory.
- To follow up and ensure fulfillment of targeted Laboratory technicians to all criteria outlined in the mentoring objectives developed by IMC Laboratory training consultants.
- To provide feedback to the head of Medical Laboratory and administration of the hospital to improve the clinical practice at the health facility and to provide better quality and more accurate Laboratory tests results.
- To report activities and progress in clinical mentoring in addition to any issues or challenges faced in the field to the IMC medical coordinator to allow follow-up and monitoring of progress in the achievement of project goals.
- To provide verbal and written feedback and reports regularly to the project medical coordinator, as per the agreed reporting mechanism.
- To work closely with the monitoring and evaluation department to conduct feedback and satisfaction surveys during providing Laboratory mentoring at multiple points during the project to allow a proper assessment of the quality of Laboratory mentoring and to adjust the mentoring process accordingly.
- Follow security protocols including submission of travel requests and providing travel
updates daily to the security focal point and supervisor.
- Attend and participate in regular country and program meetings as scheduled.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by his/her supervisor for the fulfillment of program objectives.
- Graduate of Medical technology school with a bachelor’s degree in medical technology.
- Minimum of 3 years of continuous practical experience at a reference medical laboratory.
- Experience or rotation in reference Medical Laboratory that has the laboratory equipment to conduct real-time Polymerase Chain Rection testing.
- Experience in working at a reference Lab that runs COVID-19 Real-time PCR testing during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Leadership capabilities and ability to provide mentoring and feedback to junior Laboratory technicians.
- Previous experience in providing practical training or shadowing to junior Laboratory technicians is preferable.
- The ability to speak, write, and report in Arabic and English at a minimum of intermediate level is mandatory.
- Competence in using Microsoft office applications is mandatory.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Email your CV to email@example.com indicating in the subject the position before submitting it.. Please name your CV as following: CV_your full name.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان