IRC is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor for a USAID-funded three-year project in Libya to improve entrepreneurship skills and business opportunities for Libyans. The M&E Advisor will be responsible for developing and implementing the project’s M&E Strategy, in accordance with IRC, USAID, and international best practice. The M&E Advisor will work closely with the COP and technical staff to ensure that relevant data is collected, analyzed, and used to inform management and design decision, and to provide project updates, as required This position is contingent on the IRC being awarded funding and is anticipated to begin in Spring 2021.
- With guidance from home office staff, develop, manage and implement a monitoring and evaluation system across all project components that leverages qualitative and quantitative methods, is compliant with IRC and USAID standards and guidelines and draws from a variety of data sources to measure progress and evaluate impact, as well as support collaboration, learning, and adaptation;
- Provide training, assistance, and consultation, as needed, on interpretation and use of performance benchmarking measures, indicators, and reports;
- Communicate information obtained through M&E activities to program staff, and external stakeholders, including USAID, to enable informed decision making;
- Develop and ensure compliance with procedures for collection and reporting of project and program performance data to provide quality, timely data;
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed;
- Prepare the M&E section of the annual work plans, and of review or updates of it, as needed;
- Participate and provide input to program strategy, including necessary adjustments or refinements to the work plan;
- Oversee baseline surveys and assessments and the implementation of the M&E system on a day-to-day basis;
- Conduct regular visits to project sites, as possible, to provide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of project activities;
- Prepare inputs for regular and ad hoc reports.
- Advanced degree (PhD or MA) from an accredited university in statistics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related discipline required; equivalent experience may be substituted for graduate degree;
- Minimum of five years of experience in M&E for similar sized project (of which at least two years was spent monitoring economic development and trade programming).
- Significant previous experience carrying out M&E activities in conflict or crisis situations, preferably for USAID;
- Experience with digital data collection, including manipulating digital data collection platforms and devices, strongly preferred;
- Experience developing performance monitoring plans and associated data collection systems and methodologies;
- Experience and knowledge of USAID’s Collaborate, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach.
- Experience working in the in the Middle East/North African region and/or in Libya on monitoring economic development and trade programming, including supporting local start-up businesses, coordination with CSOs and public ministries, and strengthening access to finance for historically marginalized communities.
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in Arabic strongly preferred.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How To Apply
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/11299?c=rescue
Deadline for Applying: December 3, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان