Background and context Scope of work Timeframe: December 2020 – May 2022 The senior expert will need to be able to work and travel in Libya. Non-nationals should possess The core elements of the role: Required skills and experiences Competencies and capacities Application Procedure
The programme Shared Acton on Rule of Law Progress (SHARP) aims to help stabilize Libya by
improving the ability of (semi-)public institutions to respond to citizens’ needs in the rule of law
area. The program will pursue this objective through a series of deliberative, Libyan-led Search,
Understand and Ques0on (SUQ) conversa0ons that are supported with high quality analytical
inputs. These conversations will produce greater understanding of the range of interests and
stakeholders at play in the rule of law domain in Libya, encourage joint Libyan agreement on rule
of law policy priorities and enable concrete initiatives to pursue these priorities in pilot form to test their feasibility and to progress potential.
The officer for SHARP will be responsible for informing and aligning Libyan stakeholders who play an active role in the promotion of action for RoL in Libya. He or she plays a key-role in:
– inviting and supporting Libyan organizations to contribute to the progress of Rule of Law in Libya
– informing Libyan stakeholders about the opportunities that the SHARP programme provides
– provide support to stakeholders to develop RoL interested communities and project-initiatives
– promoting connections between Libyan networks (by providing factual data about the (impact
of) actions these networks take and/or by promoting alignment between their actions)
– identifying opportunities where Libyan and European actions can reinforce each other and
where mutual learnings can be exchanged.
Type of contract: Individual contract for appr. 18 days per month
Expected starting date: January 15, 2021
Application deadline: December 8, 2020
valid (work) permits.
The officer serves as the single point of contact for Libyan stakeholders and national institutions
(like MoJ and MoI) that are already, or will get involved later, in the programme, and is, in close
cooperation with the communication officer also responsible for the design, lay-out and
production of all materials by which SHARP reaches out to its partners, stakeholders and press
contacts in Libya.
– identify, contact and inform SHARP stakeholders
– liaise actively between existing SHARP communities and provide support to new communities
– develop and maintain good working relationships with relevant stakeholders
– support active stakeholders as needed to design and implement their communities/projects
– share insights or observations among SHARP communities as relevant and needed
– share insights or observations with other members of the SHARP-team
– design and produce any kind of communication materials he or she needs
– Bachelor degree in a relevant field (preferably in law and/or international relations) and >10
years of professional experience in the RoL domain
– Proven networking skills: able to relate to (senior) public officials, representatives of CSOs and to professionals in the judiciary.
– Proven experience in former position to lease and coordinate the work of (independent)
professionals, officials and representatives of NGOs/CSOs, preferably in Libya.
– Great listener with the ability to sort out relevant inputs and pro-active in pointing out
• Open, flexible and interested
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent team working skills: pro-active, open, transparent and flexible
• Proven, legally able to live, work and travel in Libya throughout the contracting period
• Able and willing to be home-based and work independently
• Able and willing to travel in Libya and to Tunisia as needed
• Fluent Arabic speaker, also fluent in English
• Both creative (with a close eye on stakeholders) and practical (deliver materials on time) mindset
• Excellent computer skills in word and data processing and presentation.
• In possession of a lap-top and phone
Payment modality A monthly fee will be paid including a compensation for local travel and phone/internet costs. All associated costs such as social security, pension and income tax, etc. are the responsibility of the consultant.
If you meet the qualifications of the post, please send an email to email@example.com with a
motivation letter and a CV.
Background and context
Scope of work
Timeframe: December 2020 – May 2022
The senior expert will need to be able to work and travel in Libya. Non-nationals should possess
The core elements of the role:
Required skills and experiences
Competencies and capacities
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان