The Libya Local Governance and Civil Society (Taqarib) Activity will support the foundation of a more unified Libyan state by prioritizing local-level activities that foster stability and accountable governance while reinforcing positive linkages among the national government, subnational government administration, and citizens. Taqarib works to increase the Libyan Government’s ability to deliver essential services and promote stability. It seeks to help citizens engage in public dialogue, prioritize resources, and develop initiatives to hold government accountable. To achieve these goals, Taqarib will center its activities on four objectives:
- Strengthen the capacity of targeted municipal institutions to deliver services and be more responsive to citizen needs
- Empower Libyan citizens, civil society organizations, private sector, and other stakeholders with the skills and capability to advocate for government institutions to deliver on their mandates.
- Encourage coherence of national and subnational government policy, systems, and coordination through pilots advancing targeted policy reform. Strengthen national and subnational decentralization policies, systems, and, and coordination
- Inform Programming through a robust learning and analysis agenda
The Operations and Procurement Specialist (OPS) will support operational needs to ensure grant activities are implemented on time. The OPS will also ensure all procurement are compliant with project policies.
The OPS reports to the Regional Program Manager / HR Manager Field Accountant.
Location Sabha, Libya
- Respond in a timely manner to procurement requests as approved by the RPM, Director of Operations, Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), and the Chief of Party (COP).
- Manage and procure items and/or services to support grant activities and operational requirements in response to requests from project staff.
- Determine the most reasonable, fair, and expeditious procurement option for each item or service procured, in compliance with all relevant policies and procedures, and the established field procurement manual.
- Work directly with local, regional, or international vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurement of requested commodities and services.
- Make efforts where possible to streamline the procurement process through establishing appropriate agreements with vendors. Monitor contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions.
- In collaboration with the RPM, Program Development Officer (PDO), and Grants Specialists, prepare monthly projections for grant activities for submission to the Senior Finance Manager, and actively track the clearance rates and disbursement rates of the activities.
- Maintain the overall integrity of the procurement filing system by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file.
- Maintain the project’s commodity management tracking system and ensure that all required documentation is maintained in procurement files.
- Visit selected warehouses to consolidate shipments and/or repackage purchased commodities. Where required, assist the RPM in preparing waiver requests or other procurement related approval documentation.
- Provide procurement status reports and inventory summaries as requested by project staff.
- Travel as required to inspect and/or receive delivery of equipment at activity sites.
- Participate and stay informed of the strategic programmatic objectives in order to support the development of budgets with realistic procurement timelines and budgets aligned with the intent of the initial activity design.
- As needed, actively participate in the problem solving and troubleshooting throughout the grant cycle to assure implementation remains within the spirit of the original design concept.
- Liaise directly with project’s home office regarding international procurement and payments, when applicable
- Participate in the activity kickoff meeting with grantees to ensure that the grantees understand what information must be provided to articulate and clarify specifications that are in line with the grant budget and intent of the grant.
- Manage day-to-day operations in field offices, including managing facilities, equipment and inventory, and regional in-country logistics.
- Prepares and ensures that files have all necessary administrative forms for project related items, such as travel, procurement actions and leave request forms.
- Maintains Filing and ensures documentation is in accordance with internal filing system.
- Work with drivers to coordinate vehicle and transportation needs.
- Assist in coordinating events, conferences and regular training sessions that are to be organized by the project.
- Assist in HR on-boarding/off-boarding, timekeeping, benefits and other personnel related responsibilities for project staff.
- Support in inventory control, asset management, and reporting of inventory to the home office. Tracks equipment usage; prepares and files equipment check-out forms
- Conducts operational procurement for the project including services and commodities as required by the project.
- Conduct translation for project related documents as needed
- Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Two years of experience with purchasing in Libya and obtaining quotations from multiple suppliers.
- Strong organizational, management, and administrative skills.
- Experience and/or good understanding of procurement procedures of international organizations.
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work are also required.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, and partner institutions, including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public.
- Working proficiency in basic office computer applications including MS Word and Excel.
- Arabic and English fluency and is required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, by 10th Nov 2020 , mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان