Position: Base Manager-Sabha
Contract duration: 6 months, renewable
Starting date: ASAP
- Background on ACTED in Sebha
ACTED is an independent non-governmental organization operating in Libya since 2012. ACTED works under multiple pillars in the whole of Libya. ACTED’s work in Sebha has grown significantly over the past 6 months, and a number of new projects are on the horizon for 2021. ACTED is now looking for a new support officer to ensure the smooth running of the Sebha base, to facilitate the oversight on implementation of project activities and representation of ACTED.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination;
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in timely manner;
- Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests;
- Maintain a good team spirit and stimulating working environment amongst staff and colleagues;
- Commit to honest, high quality work in all aspects of responsibilities;
*Supervision of ACTEDs Programs in Sebha
- Support the Project Manager in the supervision of the Projects and Project Officer in Sebha
- Represent ACTEDs projects to external stakeholders
- Ensure high quality standards of ACTEDs projects
- Ensure ACTEDs projects are following the humanitarian rules of being neutral and impartial
Visit https://libyanjobs.ly for more vacancies.
*Supervision of support departments
- Supervision of support departments (Admin-HR, Logistics and Finance) in their daily work including but not limited to reporting and follow-up tools and files (TITANIC), coordinating with all relevant departments both at the field and capital levels;
- Review, check all administrative docs i.e. contracts, bills, vouchers, etc., sign the necessary logistic documents only according to authorization and PoA in place;
- Support the support departments in their interactions with the program teams, especially the logistics department to ensure smooth implementation of projects activities and any other tasks run in the area (e.g. filing of compliance documents);
- Ensure the support part of the weekly planning (logistic, finance and HR) for all activities;
- Maintain strong communication with ACTED Office in Tunisia in terms of management and implementation of system, FLAT procedures and programs;
- Maintain strong communication with the ACTED Tripoli office for mutual support
*Internal Coordination and relations with other departments
- Chair and actively participate in required internal coordination meetings (weekly area meeting, FLAT weekly meeting, monthly area meeting, monthly coordination meeting, etc.), resulting in clear outputs (e.g. weekly plans);
- Chair support department meetings and FLAT area meetings, and circulate minutes and action plans to area office on time;
- Tightly collaborate with the project manager to be informed immediately of any deadlocks and challenges impairing the project implementation and progress;
*Security and Safety
In close coordination with the Country Security Manager:
- Support the CSM in his tasks if necessary, in particular the monitoring of the security situation in the area, and reporting of security and safety incidents as laid out in the Country Safety and Security Plan;
- Follow up and report to CSM on staff’s adherence to security and safety rules in the office, and the implementation of all other provisions from the Security and Safety Plan in the area;
- Contribute with suggestions and inputs to the continuous update and improvement of ACTED’s security posture in the area.
- Maintain strong relationships with Libyan authorities such as municipalities and CCS
- Maintain strong relationships to the communities ACTED cooperates with
- Represent ACTED in external meetings with authorities, the UN, INGOs and any other relevant stakeholders
- Be solution-driven;
- Consider safety and security in the field, and immediately report all incidents to the security focal point;
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by the area coordinator.
- Master degree in relevant subject
- 3 years experience in the INGO sector necessary
- Experience in managing and coordinating
- Strong knowledge of Sebha and Southern Libya context
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under stress
- Being a strong team player
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and to maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative relationships with colleagues, institutional partners and beneficiaries
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office, required.
- Arabic and English speaking and writing skills mandatory.
4.Submission of application
A CV with 3 references, and cover letter should be submitted in English no later than 08/10/2020 to the following email address: Tripoli.email@example.com
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان