Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian association recognized as a public utility and founded in 1979, the organisation operates in 47 countries in the fields of nutrition, health, food security and livelihoods, water, hygiene and sanitation and mental health and care practices.
We are currently looking for:
Overall purpose of the position:
- Provide psychological and protection services to vulnerable people
- Plan and provide capacity building to non-specialists at primary health care and community level
Objective 1 : Provide adapted and quality mental health care to targeted beneficiaries
- Conduct psychological assessments and plan the appropriate interventions and follow-up for the beneficiaries
- Ensure an appropriate, safe and confidential environment for psychological interventions (framework to discuss highly emotional issues, set up group rules, values, exercises, etc.) in communities, schools, camps, primary health care centres, community based-organizations, and home visits
- Ensure the high quality of intervention and care provided to beneficiaries
- Ensure regular and proper use of psychometric scales
- Provide individual and group therapeutic sessions and activities for persons in need, including children, adolescents, adults, families and persons with specific vulnerabilities
- Strictly follow standard AAH protocols
- Ensure confidentiality and proper documentation of clinical details in the patient file
- Ensure referrals to specialized services (MHPSS, Health, Protection etc) when needed, according to AAH protocols and national standards; Follow-up the quality of care provided by partnering agencies and actors; Follow-up closely on protection issues.
- Provide staff care to health workers and community helpers, according to AAH protocols and national policies
- Provide psychological support remotely if needed (in case of no access to field)
Objective 2 : Contribute to build capacities of MHPSS and protection to non-specialized professionals, community stakeholders and AAH psychosocial workers
- Prepare (with the MHCPGP Deputy Program Manager) and conduct trainings for general practitioners, nurses, midwives, health workers, social workers in Primary Health Care centers and hospitals, on MHPSS, protection and care practices, according to AAH and international standards (like mhGAP, PM+, IPT, Thinking Healthy, child development, basic helping skills, Life, Social and Emotional skills, etc)
- Conduct regular on the job and group supervision of trained non-specialists, including technical support, case management, patients assessments, counselling skills
- Assist the AAH psychosocial workers to prepare and conduct training and technical supervision for community-based organisations and stakeholders (conduct trainings in absence of psychosocial workers)
- Contribute to the training and supervision of AAH psychosocial workers and AAH teams of others department (particularly on Psychological First Aid and psychosocial/protection issues and referral)
- Ensure the high quality standard of capacity building
Objective 3: Participate actively in all planned activities and in the program implementation in general
- Participate actively to clinical and technical supervision conducted by the MHCPGP Deputy Program Manager; proposing monthly case studies
- Contribute to the design of sectorial guidelines, protocols, SOPs and methodologies of work for tailored interventions
- As defined by the MHCPGP Deputy Program Manager, contribute to any other project activity, including multi-sectorial integrated activities, psychoeducation and awareness sessions and campaigns, needs assessments, gender and protection risks assessments, mapping of actors and services, workshops, selection of beneficiaries, identification of vulnerable groups, planning of activities, etc.
- Permanently evaluate needs and gaps related to MHPSS and protection, report challenges, suggest project’s improvements for implementation and propose new interventions
- Contribute to data collection, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly bases, according to AAH tools and processes and with the coordination with/support of IM/MEAL team; Guarantee and ensure the confidentiality of beneficiaries information and of data collection at any time, and for any activity
- Understand and follow the logistic, financial, HR and security procedures enabling the project implementation
- Collaborate actively with other AAH departments
- Contribute to represent AAH at the field level through meetings with implementing partners, INGOs and NGOs, cluster and working group coordination, on request of the program manager
- Ensure adherence to AAH gender requirement; Commit and comply with AAH gender, age and diversity principles;
- Support the implementation and the promotion of gender, age and diversity principles at any time during activities
- Post-graduate diploma in psychology (master degree and clinical psychology are assets)
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience related to mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), Protection and/or Care Practices;
- Experience in psychological assessment, counselling and follow-up; Experience in case management and referral. Experience in training and supervision.
- At least a previous experience in humanitarian context, with vulnerable population, IDPs, refugees, in host-communities, camps, Primary Health Care centers;
- Excellent communication, listening and observation skills; Empathy, tolerance and flexibility;
- Sensitivity towards protection and confidentiality issues;
- Good knowledge of local customs, norms and culture
- Feeling comfortable working in stressful environment. This position requires field travel at least 80% of the time.
- Knowledge or experience of MHPSS IASC, WHO and community-based guidelines;
- Technical skills in psychological assessment and testing, counselling, psychotherapy.
- Knowledge or experience in trauma, severe mental health conditions, SGBV, child development, care practices.
- Training and supervision skills for health workers and community members.
- Able to adopt an organized and methodological approach
- Capacity for team work and supervision, team spirit and autonomy
- Fluent Arabic (both oral and written)
- English is an asset (both oral and written)
- Working knowledge of Office package
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs to email@example.com no later than 28th of September 2020; indicating the JOB TITLE in the subject.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان