A GRANTS COORDINATOR – LIBYA
Organization Action Contre la Faim
Posted 10 Sep 2020
Closing date 15 Oct 2020
The situation in Libya continues to deteriorate. The ongoing conflict continues to break down the infrastructure and systems of a country already heavily affected by conflict since the downfall of Ghaddafi in 2011. Today nearly one million people out of a population of 6.6 Million have sort of significant humanitarian need. Of that population in need only 300,000 have so far been reached in 2019; with particularly significant holes in the provision of health care (primarily for a resident population) and protection (primarily for migrants and refugees). Humanitarian operations in the country are both difficult to operate and significantly underfunded (with only 70 million dollars of the 200 million dollars requested in this year HRP now funded – and the US / EU making up 75% of that funding). In this increasingly complex environment with increasing needs, Action Against Hunger seeks to bring its’ expertise to Libya over the next year; to build an effective and sustainable presence to help the most vulnerable in this forgotten country.
In a context of mission opening, you will set up the grants coordination function for our new mission in Libya.
You will be responsible for coordinating all parts of the project cycle process for the country team in Libya and Tunisia through ensuring the planning and preparation of quality proposals, the oversight and follow-up of grant implementation and accurate internal and external reporting on all grants.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Develop concept notes, proposals and support donor engagement
• Working with the Headquarters’ technical program advisors to develop concept notes and proposals for key donors
• Working with technical program advisors to develop sector-level program strategies that can be presented to donors for program development
• Support the Country Representative in discussions with key donors on new and ongoing programs
Ensure oversight and follow-up of grant implementation
• Put in place systems to ensure the regular oversight and follow-up of grant implementation
• Ensure MEAL systems are in place to accurately collect, store and report on key programmatic information
• Review on a regular basis the implementation of grants in Tunisia and Libya and raise issues to key staff in the country team and the Headquarters
Lead all internal and external reporting processes
• Develop and update tools for tracking and planning both internal and external reporting processes
• Support program team in compiling, editing, or otherwise completing internal and external reports
• Ensure that internal reporting processes are streamlined and simplified as necessary
Ensure compliance with donor guidelines and regulations
• Ensure that ACF Libya is in compliance with donor regulations with regards to grants management and reporting
• Mission focal point for questions related to donor regulations
• Development of compliance fact-sheets as appropriate, or work with HQ to develop key points
Ensure effective coordination of programs integration
• Support the Country Representative in the overseeing of the progress of programs implementation and suggest actions when needed
• Coordinate and promote thematic and sectoral synergies, and cross-cutting issues
• In collaboration with Country Representative, elaborate, support and monitor full integration of programs activities
You have at least 5 years of work experience in international development or humanitarian assistance, and you are known for leading new business development efforts, including program design, proposal writing, and partner relationship development (such as DFID, USAID/OFDA/FFP and ECHO)
You have previous experience working in insecure circumstances
You master Project Management Cycle and the associated tools.
You have excellent written and oral communications skills. You have demonstrated ability to write and edit reports under deadline pressure.
You are known for the ability to work independently with a flexible and small structure.
You should be able to travel to both Tunisia and Libya and be flexible to adapt to different phase of development
You are fluent (written and spoken) in English – this is mandatory. French and Arabic will be a plus.
Specific conditions / Salary
Contract: fixed term contract under French legislation
Duration: 2.5 months (possible extension depending on funding)
Conditions for French Contract:
• Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800 € upon experience
• Per diem and living allowance: 405 € net, field paid.
• 450 € of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
• 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
• Child allowance
Transportation and accommodation:
• Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
• Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
• 25 days of paid leaves per year.
• 20 RnR per year.
• 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
• Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference
• Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
• Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
Unique experience to start up the programmatic functions of a mission, in an evolving and dynamic context
How to apply
Organization Action Contre la Faim France
Career Category Donor Relations/Grants Management
Years of experience 5-9 years
A GRANTS COORDINATOR – LIBYA
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان