Job Summary :
Assistants Cook provide support to chefs and have duties such as maintaining supplies, handling leftovers, preparing food, testing new recipes, cleaning the kitchen, keeping cooking utensils organized, and plating dishes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be able to move about the kitchen easily and quickly.
- To be able to lift/unload/move food and supplies, lift dishes to storage location.
- Use kitchen equipment safely, operate electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of food supplies.
- Operate dish washer while maintaining appropriate temperature.
- Determine cleanliness of dishes. Food contacts surfaces, and kitchen areas.
- Assess condition of food.
- To maintain the highest level of sanitation in the kitchen.
- Prepare ingredients by chopping vegetables and meats
- Assist head chef in cooking dishes according to set recipes.
- Monitor food budgets and make sure that all supplies are bought within the set budget.
- Make arrangements to store food items in a safe and orderly manner
- Hand ingredients and utensils to head chef during food preparation activities.
- Maintain kitchen order by ensuring the cleanliness of tables, counters and work areas.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Operate kitchen equipment such as ovens and grills for cooking purposes.
- Maintain knowledge of all recipes so that the head chef’s place can be filled in effectively in case of absenteeism.
- Set prepared dishes so that they look aesthetically pleasing.
- To assist serving food.
- Dinning settings in every meal and bringing dishes to the dinning room for breakfast/lunch and dinner for campers to set.
- To assist with consolidation and proper storage of food after meals.
- To clean up after meals and ongoing cleaning to maintain the highest level of sanitation in the kitchen.
- Food preparation to assist the cook and baker.
- Salad bar preparation.
- Assist with grilling and meat slicing.
- Deal with customers’ complaints and / or suggestions.
- Should have at least Minimum if 3 – 5 years’ experience.
- Qualified Applicants will have a High School Diploma.
- Must be excellent in reading, oral and written communication, and performing simple arithmetic
- Ability to speak Arabic and English is an attribute.
- Experience in management and supervision of others;
- Ability to take a strong leadership role
- Ability to comprehend and give correct written instructions.
- Experience in working as part of a strong team.
- Strong positive attitude.
- Ability to address problems quickly and effectively.
- Basic computer skills including spread sheets, word processing and email
How To Apply.
Kindly send your CV to this e-mail /email@example.com no later than 10th of Aug