Position Title: Medical Doctor.
Position Reports to: National Medical Coordinator.
Field Site: Sabha.
Date Needed: ASAP.
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the team under his direct responsibility according to IMC HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling visits, an ensure timely attendance and departure in the clinic location.
- Work as a team with other medical providers as well as non-medical staff to ensure a better and more efficient patient care.
- Supervision of the midwifes, nurses and CHW in ensuring quality of care in the Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) in the PHC centres.
- Provide medical consultations and appropriate medical treatment focusing in Sexual and reproductive health care to beneficiaries 5 days per week from 9:00 till 17:00.
- Provide patients with correct information regarding his/her conditions.
- Ensures that: diagnosis, management and treatment are properly done according to IMC clinical guidelines and SOPs.
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Sexual Transmitted Infections (STI): ensures good quality of Prevention Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) activities for all pregnant women. Ensures that counselling services are done appropriately following protocols before doing HIV testing.
- Works in collaboration with the Information, Education and Communication (IEC) for all IEC activities.
- Ensure that transmission by HIV or other STIs is avoided with the help of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) and the use of protection while trying to respect local traditions.
Fistula Prevention and Management: Implement early prevention of fistula occurrence in prolonged obstructed labour, Support in the identification of women with fistula problems and organise for referrals.
– Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV):
- Sensitisation of MOH staff and partners on SGBV.
- Training of all the staff on CMR management and counselling.
- Ensure a perfect system of confidentiality.
- Identification of SGBV cases.
- Conduction of SGBV consultations:
- Give the medical treatment according to CMR -Guidelines.
- Ensure a good counselling service.
- Ensure a good follow-up.
– Ensure the filling of a medical certificate:
- Responsible for referrals from the PHC s to the secondary health care facilities, in close collaboration with MOH doctors.
- Supports in the follow up of previously hospitalized patients and complicated cases, coming back to the OPD consultations.
- Willing to participate and present case studies if asked to, and analyse data to improve patient care and quality control.
- In collaboration with Medco and RH coordinator responsible for training (theoretical and practical) of health professionals in order to increase the quality of care.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment.
- Submit the monthly drug consumption report to supervisor.
- Ensures universal precautions followed at all times, contributes to reducing bio-hazard risk and infection control improvements, and assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards by his team.
- Conduct home visits for medical consultation of beneficiaries if required.
- Supervision of regular health education sessions provided by CHW to beneficiaries.
- Obtain appropriate information and maintain sufficient patient records as needed.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Work and plan with other program staff on program activities needed to be implemented on the ground.
- Follow-up patients as appropriate including those referred to higher facilities.
- Inform his/her supervisor of any needs in the facility for prompt action.
- Provide a regular written and verbal updates regarding activities conducted including monthly reports and daily data collection report on morbidity and services rendered.
- Follow security protocols including: provide travel updates on a daily basis to security focal point and supervisor.
- Attend and participate regular country and program meetings as scheduled.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by his/her supervisor for the fulfilment of program objectives.
- Registered medical doctor, post-graduate qualifications in Obs/gynaecology.
- Ability to use U/S for OBS/GYN diagnostic.
- At least 1 to 3 years’ clinical experience.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to provide feedback/reports regarding work -related activities.
Able to speak in Arabic as well as English.
Email your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com indicating in the subject the position. Very Important, write the position title in the email subject before submitting.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان