Number of Positions: 2
Position Title: Laboratory Technician.
Position Reports to: Medical Coordinator.
Field Site: Tripoli.
Date Needed: ASAP.
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide Lab services and appropriate treatment to beneficiaries at specific targeted PHCC 5
days per week from 9:00 till 17:00.
- Collecting, receiving, labeling, and/or analyzing samples or substances using the correct
testing equipment, when necessary.
- Designing and executing laboratory testing in line with standard testing procedures, recording
observations, and interpreting findings.
- Instruct and demonstrate to patients the proper methodology on how bring out
a. good quality sputum.
- Label the sputum container properly.
- Before the patient leaves, check the sample to see if it is sputum or only saliva.
- Coordinate with other staff to ensure that patients with productive cough for three
weeks or more undergo three initial sputum examinations for diagnosis and those under
treatment undergo two sputum examinations for follow up.
- Prepares, issues and replaces laboratory equipment.
- Installs, maintains, and issues student drawers.
- Sputum processing and examination, in term of preparing smears and staining.
- Recording and reporting, in term of entering the results on laboratory form and maintain the
laboratory register properly.
- Quality control.
- Safety, keep the laboratory clean, safely dispose of all contaminated materials including
sputum cup, discard all the slides.
- Responds to technical questions, questions related to stock solutions, and use of equipment
to staff and teaching assistants.
- Maintains supplies and equipment inventories; orders supply and equipment for laboratory;
keeps stockroom organized.
Maintains teaching equipment and instruments to ensure accuracy and efficient
- Serves as safety officer for teaching laboratory; stays in lab to oversee safety during
scheduled teaching time.
- Plans support of laboratory experiments, ensuring adherence to protocols and safety
regulations; assists in troubleshooting and correcting experimental errors.
- Develops quality standards and programs; maintains quality of stockroom, safety, and
environmental regulations, and other applicable requirements.
- Maintains student breakage card records and submits list of charges and refunds each
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- To help other IMC team members to provide short training sessions and on-job trainings to the health care providers at the health facility.
- To help the MOH/NCDC staff at the primary health care center to follow national, MOH, NCDC and WHO standards, including rules of disinfection and personal and patient protection, and proper ways of disposal of sharps and medical wastes.
- Provide short capacity building lectures and on-job training on topics related to primary health care to MOH and NCDC staff at the PHC.
- Obtain appropriate information and maintain sufficient patient records as needed.
- Provide patients with correct information regarding his/her conditions.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Work and plan with other program staff on program activities needed to be implemented on the ground.
- Perform regular health promotion and health education sessions for beneficiaries as needed.
- Inform his/her supervisor of any needs in the health facility for prompt action.
- Provide a regular written and verbal update and reports regarding activities conducted
including weekly, monthly reports and daily data collection report on morbidity and services
- Submit monthly reagents of utilization and consumption repot to supervisor when needed.
- Follow security protocols including: provide travel updates on a daily basis to security
focal point and supervisor.
- Attend and participate regular country and program meetings as scheduled.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by his/her supervisor for the fulfillment of program objectives.
Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, biology, chemistry, or a related field.
At least 4 years’ clinical experience, preferably 3 years at public hospital, also familiar with TB related laboratory investigation.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Valid Laboratory Technician license.
Arabic as a native language, fluency in English.
- Able to use basic operating systems like windows.
- Able to use main office applications: Word, Excel and Power point.
- Ability to manage Emails is required.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان