Position Title: Midwife.
Position Reports to: Medical Doctor.
Field Site: Sabha.
Date Needed: ASAP.
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Examining and monitoring pregnant women 5 days /week from 9:00 to 17:00.
- Assessing care requirements and writing care plans.
- Undertaking antenatal care.
- Carrying out screening tests. Ensure counselling for HIV testing
- Conduct triage and initial patient assessment prior to referral to the medical doctor.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Fistula Prevention and Management: Implement early prevention of fistula occurrence in prolonged obstructed labour, identify women with fistula problems in the community and organise for refer.
- Taking patient samples, vital signs (pulses, temperatures, weight and blood pressures.)
- Caring for and assisting women in labor.
- Monitoring and administering medication, injections and intravenous infusions during labor.
- Monitoring the fetus during labor.
- Advising about and supporting parents in the daily care of their newborn babies and providing information, emotional support and reassurance to women and their partners.
- Helping parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death.
- Writing records.
- Provide technical support and oversight to the mobile health team in regards to referrals to patient care and place of delivery.
- Follow up referred patients to and between hospitals/healthcare facilities.
- Collaborate with the doctor team leader and medical coordinator in sending orders for periodic re-stocking.
- Work with M&E team to ensure accuracy and quality of data collected from all hospital/healthcare facilities on a monthly basis.
- Conduct monthly data analysis and take action as appropriate in cooperation with supervisor.
Works as a member of the team, taking in consideration the non-medical problems encountered by the patients (i.e. feeding and psychosocial).
- Conduct PNC home visits according to plans prepared and ensure referrals of mothers and Neonates if needed to health facilities (danger signs).
- Properly follow up all new-born babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensures that all pregnant women and new born children are referred to the Extended Program on Immunization (EPI). Consider making this post primary responsible for all EPI.
- Follow up with target groups such as pregnant/lactating women, children less than 5 years old especially with regard to utilization and access to antenatal services and vaccination services and TBC patients.
- Provide weekly reports regarding PNC visit.
- Submit daily and weekly drug consumption report including: notify medical doctor of drug stock and expiry dates of drugs.
- Assist other program staff whenever needed.
- Is responsible for hygiene and universal precautions in health facilities according to protocols and in cooperation with Team leader. Knows and implements accidental exposure policy.
- Any other responsibility assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Registered Midwife/nurse, with experience on the following departments: Midwife.
- At least 3 years’ clinical experience.
Able to provide treatment and assistance to all individuals needing his/her care.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work in resource limited settings, especially peripheral areas in Libya.
- Able to provide feedback/reports regarding work -related activities.
- Willing to do manual work when necessary.
Able to speak in Arabic, English desirable.
Email your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com indicating in the subject the position. Very Important, write the position title in the email subject before submitting.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان