Number of Positions: 2 (1 Females, 1 Males).
Position Title: CHW – Sabha.
Position Reports to: Medical Doctor.
Field Site: Tripoli.
Date Needed: 01/05/2020.
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
Providing health awareness and patient education on the most relevant health topics, related to the most prevailing morbidities and health problems in the targeted population, with a focus on sexual and reproductive health and right, Health promotion, life style modifications and risk mitigation in relation to sexual and reproductive health, and advocacy for adoption of behavioral changes that can improve health situation of the community.
- Identification of risk factors that can affect the status of public health in the targeted catchment population, and use of health promotion to improve the public health status, by promoting healthy conditions and behaviors and deterring against risky health behaviours.
- CHW should act as a communication link between the available health services and resources and the catchment population, CHW will guide and refer the population towards the most relevant health services they require.
- CHWs should inform the health care providers and health authorities about any specific health needs in the community.
- CHWs need to report about suspected health hazards and possible outbreaks.
- CHWs should be aware of the EWARN diseases and should report them to health care officials responsible for reporting at the PHCC or PHCU serving the specific population of concern
- CHWs should be able to participate in any health campaigns including vaccination campaigns and health outreach activities to remote communities among the catchment areas assigned to him/ her.
- She/he will work closely with other medical team members and the supervising medical coordinator.
- successfully develop and implement health sensitization activities in catchment area of the PHCC targeted.
- The CHW must be willing to carryout regular (up to daily) visits of targeted communities.
- CHW will collaborate with M&E team to ensure capturing of activities in line with donor and internal requirements.
- The CHW will assist staff with other activities and support as necessary.
- CHW need to work according to existing protocols and plans of MOH prepared for CHW and community outreach programs.
- CHW may need to communicate with and report activities to the MOH focal point of CHW activities.
- Good general health knowledge especially in relation to SRHR.
- Experience with the Government Primary Health Care Sector or with Libya-NCDC health promotion programs is desirable.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with community and municipal representatives.
- High integrity.
- Partnering and engaging with stakeholders. –
- Report writing skills.
- Networking and influencing skills.
- Highly reliable and dependable.
- Able to speak in Arabic as well as English (other languages desirable).
- Passion for community wellbeing.
- Has previous volunteering experience.
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation Has a good established network in targeted the community.
- Has good communication skills and the capacity to facilitate presentations, meetings, and discussions concerning health and social issues.
- Able to provide assistance to all individuals and nationalities.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to provide feedback/reports regarding work-related activities.
- Capacity to work as member of a team.
- Partnering and engaging with community stakeholders.
- Community Facilitation skills.
Able to speak very well in Arabic, English language proficiency is desirable.
- Able to use basic operating systems like windows.
- Able to use main office applications: Word, Excel and Power point.
- Ability to manage Emails is required.
Email your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com indicating in the subject the position. Very Important, write the position title in the email subject before submitting.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان