Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : GIS Assistant (DTM) (1 VACANCY)Duty Station : Tripoli, LibyaClassification : G5Type of Appointment : Special Short Term (6 Months with possibility of extension)Estimated Start Date : As soon as possibleReference Number : SVN.LY10.2020.005Closing Date : March 18, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the DTM Information Management Officer and overall supervision of the DTM Programme Coordinator, the GIS Assistant will be responsible, for the following activities, according to the procedures and training provided by IOM:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Lead operational coordination with IOM Libya’s partners on information management technical assistance.
2. Coordinate facilitation of information management workshops with IOM Libya’s partners.
3. Assist in the design, development and maintenance of databases and data collection for the DTM Libya.
4. Support, identify and analyse existing GIS systems and structure capacities, availability of relevant datasets, and data and information gaps. Design effective solutions to meet GIS-related needs in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Enhance in coordination with DTM IM/GIS Officer the Unit’s data collection processes and the overall data management activities including mapping, encoding, storing, processing, and analysis, in specific to aspects related to GIS;
6. Visualize collected data in external reports using ArcGIS, Adobe InDesign and/or Adobe Illustrator.
7. Ensure proper documentation and filing of the project documents as well as of data collection forms.
8. Support Information Officer in developing data collection tools (such as ODK and Kobo), databases and statistical reports.
9. Support with quantitative and qualitative research activities relating to Libya’s current humanitarian and displacement situation.
10. Verify data received by implementing partners and project staff.
11. Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy is maintained with regard to confidential information;
12. Participate in UN and other stakeholder technical working groups related to information management and statistical methodologies for data collection when required.
13. Assist with data entry when necessary.
14. Draft trainings’ note for files (NFF) and meetings report when necessary.
15. Undertake duty travel when necessary.
16. Any other duties that might be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Engineering, Statistical studies, Business Administration, Communications, International Relations or related academic background, combined with at least 3 years of relevant working experience; or,
• Holder of a Secondary School Diploma, with at least 5 years of relevant working experience;
• Relevant experience in working with UN agency or Humanitarian organization is desirable.
• Computer knowledge use including Microsoft and ability to use internet and email;
• Familiarity with mobile data collection technologies and GPS an advantage
• Good communication and negotiation skills
• Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results; capacity to work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
• Ability to work independently, with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
• Ability to work in challenging settings, under pressure while respecting tight deadlines;
• Capacity to learn and gain new competencies, while accepting/giving constructive criticism
• Thorough knowledge of English.
• Working knowledge of French and Spanish is an advantage
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, by 18 March 2020 at the latest, mentioning the reference code and the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period:From 05.03.2020 to 18.03.2020
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان