Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : National Team Leader, SAR Assistance ( 1 VACANCY)Duty Station : Tripoli, LibyaClassification : G7Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed TermEstimated Start Date : As soon as possibleReference Number : SVN.LY10.2020.004Closing Date : March 18, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under general guidance of the Chief of Mission (COM) and under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager – IBM, in close coordination with SAR Programme Officer, the National SAR Assistance Team Leader will be responsible for providing humanitarian assistance in Search and Rescue at Sea and in the Desert context, and to ensure that the Search and Rescue programmes are on track in accordance with the action plan.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the Programme Manager in close coordination with SAR Programme Officer on planning and managing the SAR Programme portfolio in close coordination with relevant partners (national authorities, national and international agencies, diplomatic missions, partner NGOs);
2. Liaise with the relevant ministries and national officials towards fostering appropriate working relationship for the implementation of SAR activities on behalf of the Programme Manager.
3. Lead the team for implementation of the overall SAR activities and ensure that implementing partners deliver the planned assistance to the beneficiaries within the timeframe;
4. In close coordination with SAR programme office, develop Terms of Reference and Standard Operating Procedures for the implementation of SAR activities;
5. Lead the activities of the SAR Field Operation Assistants for the implementation of IOM SAR programming, including for the procurement of necessary equipment and stocks needed Ensure operational coordination of IOM interventions and provision of assistance to migrants upon disembarkation, based on the IOM SOP for provision of assistance to migrants at disembarkation;
6. Be responsible for the Maritime Data Sheet and maintain accurate databases regarding SAR activities and figures;
7. Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of IOM interventions related to Search and Rescue Programming;
8. Identify risks, challenges and opportunities related to SAR programming and in devising mitigation strategies.
9. Conduct regular field visits and provide recommendations for effective and efficient implementation of the activities;
10. Prepare internal/external reports/analysis for the operating environment, supports information collection and development of information products such as the Maritime SAR reports, flash situation reports for periodical dissemination;
11. Develop project documents, forms and tracking tools;
12. Represent IBM/SAR Unit to various national authorities and counterparts from the organization as and when needed on behalf of the Programme Manager;
13. Liaise with partners in the development and implementation of the capacity building activities for staff and national authorities related to SAR activities;
14. Prepare Minutes of the meeting with various partners and stakeholders, keep record and update progress on decisions;
15. Provide informal translations, draft reports and deliver presentations, as required.
16. Perform other such duties as may be assigned for delivery of assistance;
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Business Administration, Communications, International Relations, Social/Political Science or related academic background, combined with at least 5 years of relevant working experience; or,
• Holder of a Secondary School Diploma, with at least 7 years of relevant working experience;
• Minimum Three (4) years of relevant work experience, in the field of Humanitarian Affairs/ Development/ Liaison.
• Relevant experience in working with UN agency or Humanitarian Organization is desirable.
• Experience in emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, humanitarian/development environment, field coordination is desirable.
• Thorough knowledge of English.
• Working knowledge of French and Spanish is an advantage
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 18 March 2020 at the latest, mentioning the reference code and the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period:From 05.03.2020 to 18.03.2020
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان