Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries to restore safety, dignity and hope, IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has headquarters offices in New York and London.
The IRC launched a program in September 2016 in Libya which provides life-saving medical care, medicines, and medical supplies and in doing so strengthens the capacity of the Ministry of Health. At present, the IRC is conducting these activities in Misrata and will soon start providing health services in Sirte.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Finance Controller (FC), The Finance Manager (FM) will be the responsible of financial matters in the field office. The position will supervise the Finance Officers/Assistants. The position holder will be responsible for cash flows and cash forecasts, financial reporting, staff/partner training and capacity building and overseeing day to day running of the field finance office.
• Supervise all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department in field office
• Ensure that the month is closed on 31st for all months but September, which is a fiscal year closing month in IRC on 30th.
Ensure all advances are reconciled at the month end as per advance policy.
Ensure that all outstanding invoices are paid before the end of the month to ensure they are recorded within the same month they are incurred.
Ensure that the financial reports are submitted to Tunis Main Office on the 3rd of the next month for all months except September.
Ensure accrual transaction are cleared on time
• Ensuring donor regulations are adhered to for all aspects of the operations
Ensure that BvAs are provided to relevant parties on time and accurately. Initiate recoding for cost wrongly charged
Identification of procedural or training issues to be addressed to improve the quality of report data.
Payroll and Taxes
· Review the national staff payroll that is prepared by HR, for calculation accuracy and completeness.
· Record the national payroll; ensure standard financial controls are maintained and that all payments are accurate and legitimate
· Ensure proper tax grades are used and all payments to Income and Sales Tax Department are accurate and legitimate
· Prepare required tax reports to Tax authorities.
Bank & Cash management
· Liaise with bank officials in order to ensure uninterrupted bank services
· Ensuring that all banks are immediately updated on changes to bank signatories
· Obtain monthly bank statements in the first week of the following month for all bank accounts
· Review monthly bank reconciliation schedules.
· Ensure that all cash books are closed and cash count conducted on 31st of the month.
· Ensure that all bank books are closed and the period bank statements as at 31st are obtained at the month end.
· Oversee weekly petty cash counts
Cash Operations / Preparation of Vouchers
· Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursement, exchanges, receipts and transfers
· Preparation of cash forecasts and CTR for field office and submitting it on the 20th of every month
· Monitoring cash usage and requirements and advise the Finance Country office of possible unusual activity or requirements
· Working with field and program coordinators to help them develop more accurate cash forecasts
· Ensure that the sufficiency of bank reserves at all times for the field office bank account
Training & Support
· Liaising with the country office for policy or procedure questions
· Training staff on IRC accounting procedures and requirements, assists the Field Coordinator and program staff in finance related issues and activities.
· Review of financial data submitted, identify weaknesses or problems being encountered by program and operations staff and recommend corrective action.
· Train field managers on budget tracking, review burn rates and provide advise if spending is not happening according to plan.
· Prepare key performance areas for staff reporting directly under you and conduct performance appraisal
· Communicate with Finance Controller on security issues within the office and outside the office.
· Report to the Finance Controller any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and camps on policy and procedures.
· Assist the Finance Controller in responding to internal and/or external audit requests
· Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation reports
· Assist the Finance Controller in donor reports preparation
· Review all Purchase Orders and Purchase Requests for proper coding and budget adequacy
· Liaison with Supply Chain, Administration and Program.
· In liaison with Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
· Participate in tenders and review tender documents
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Controller
Position directly supervises: Senior Finance Officers (FO)/Finance Assistant (FA)
Indirect Reporting: Field Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: SC Department, as well other Finance, Program and support unit staff
External: Regional Finance Controller, IRC’s Program Field Coordinators and Program & Finance staff in other IRC offices managed through IRC Libya office.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Advance Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institution
Minimum of Three years of finance or accounting experience
· Computer literate with significant experience in MS. Office, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage.
· Previous experience with International NGOs and/or USAID projects is highly desirable
· The candidate should be mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
Excellent skill with MS specially Excel. is highly desirable
· Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks and make decisions
· Fluency in Arabic and good in English, both written and spoken, required.
Certificates or Licenses:
Working Environment: Standard office work environment. Candidates will be expected to provide their own transportation to and from the job site each day.
To apply for this position: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=8516
The end date for applications is the 20th of March, 2020.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان