Preliminary Job Information
PROTECTION DATA ANALYSIS OFFICER
Country and Base
Protection Program Manager
Type of Contract
Fixed term : 3 month renewable
Expected Date Of Arrival
04/03/2020 – 11.59 pm
Application submission information
Interested candidates should submit their applications by EMAIL ONLY with the subject: BGZ Data Officer + your FULL NAME to firstname.lastname@example.org with letter of motivation, recent resume, ID and diplomas and any other relevant certificates (work, trainings etc), contact (phone/email)
Applications not respecting these instructions may not be considered.
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The association leads, on average, 190 projects each year in the following sectors of intervention: protection, food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 21 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
PUI Libya mission has started implementing operations in East Libya since 2017 and developed an emergency health response that provides primary health care services to the most vulnerable populations. PUI intervention focuses on health care through the deployment of Mobile Health Teams (MHT) delivering direct services to internal displaced populations and their host communities, migrants, refugees and asylum seekers. PUI Health intervention consists of general practitioners consultations, adequate treatment provision, sexual and reproductive health services, integrated management of Childhood Illness, psychosocial support interventions. Furthermore, PUI is reinforcing sensitization, communication and prevention on health and hygiene related topics within the communities. Since 2019, in addition of the operations conducted from Benghazi office, PUI opened a second office in Al Kufrah region.
In 2020, PUI intends to reinforce the centrality of protection within its response with the goal to contribute to alleviating the suffering of conflict-affected populations in East of Libya. Specifically, it will aim to enhance the protection environment and improve access to essential services of the most vulnerable conflict-affected populations.
Under the supervision of Protection Manager, the Protection Data Analyst Officer will be responsible for the developpment of Data Management and Sharing System of protection activities. S/He will be alsor responsible of data analysis visualization for protection monitoring reports and donor reporting.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Within the frame of the project and donor’s requirements and under the supervision of the Protection Program Manager, the Protection Data Analyst Officer will be responsible of :
1. Providing support to Protection Team in data collection
2. Ensuring compliance of PUI’s internal data management system with International Standards
3. Conducting data analysis and support protection reporting
1. Support to Protection Team in Data Collection and Processing
– Participate in designing, updating data collection tools used by the protection team in the field
– Participate with the Protection Management Team and the Technical Referent in the identification of the specified purposes of data collection and processing.
– Participate to the identification of indicators needed.
– Ensure data collection tools are being drafted / used in compliance with PUI’s, Donors’ and International Standards of Protection Data Management System
– Provide follow-up on databases and trackers used by the Protection Team (referrals follow-up, case management, incidents tracking sheets, and sites observation tracking)
– Make sure data entry is done properly by the team and report any logical error or missing data to relevant staff
– Being proactive in updating data bases if needed
– Maintain trackers of operational achievements for protection activities
2. Ensure compliance of PUI’s Internal Data Management System with International Standards of Protection Data Management System
– Ensure forms, databases, record and reporting comply with Data Protection principles, PUI’s Standards
– Ensure respect of confidentiality while collecting and sharing data
– In coordination with the Protection Manager, ensure data are collected in a safely manner by the team. Ensure that personal data are obtained lawful and fair means with the knowledge and consent of the data subject.
– Ensure safeguard measures apply to the collection and processing of personal data to ensure data security.
– Alert supervisors in case of any unlawful data collection and data processing or breach of the rights and interests of the data subject.
3. Conduct data analysis and support protection reporting
– Analyze program data in order to produce comprehensive indicators for review by supervisors.
– Ensure that qualitative and quantitative data are available when needed
– Develop fact sheets, summaries and dashboards for programs or external communication.
– Assure the data is properly reflecting program activities. Captures programmatic information related to protection (from regular protection activities and ad hoc assessments in collaboration with field protection teams) and produce statistical reports
– Develop, establish, maintains and improves information management processes in order to support the achievements of overarching goals of Protection Sector.
– Oversees compilation of periodic reports, including but not limited to activity report, sit-rep, protection monitoring report, donors’ reports, assessment report…)
4. Internal Coordination and Training
– Participate in internal meetings organized by PUI Team
– Participate to training provided by PUI or other partners
5. Safety and Security:
– Respect and follow PUI’s code of conduct and internal policies (including PSEA)
– Respect Humanitarian principles and international standards
– Respect and follow internal security rules
In General, the Collaborator has to remain flexible and to perform any other duties as required for the good care of persons of concerns
NB: This job description may be subject to modifications in the future, depending on the evolution of the activities. These modifications will then be defined and discussed between the Collaborator and PUI
Education / Training
– Diploma or degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Statistics or related field
– Background in data management, analysis and statistics, documentation and information management
– Proven experience working with Humanitarian Organization.
Knowledge and skills
-Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office and Power BI
-Able to think critically about data and information
-X ( working proficiency)
– Pack Office
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission)
– A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive protection information
– Belief in human rights including gender equality
– Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
– Able to work in a volatile and diverse environment
– Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
– Sense of diplomacy
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان