Position Title: Midwife.
Position Reports to: Medical Coordinator.
Field Site: Nalut -Sidi Khalifa Primary Healthcare Center.
Date needed: ASAP.
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Examining and monitoring pregnant women 5 days /week from 9:00 to 17:00.
2. Assessing care requirements and writing care plans.
3. Undertaking antenatal care.
4. Carrying out screening tests.
5. Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures.
6. Caring for and assisting women in labor.
7. Monitoring and administering medication, injections and intravenous infusions during labor.
8. Monitoring the fetus during labor.
9. Advising about and supporting parents in the daily care of their newborn babies and providing information, emotional support
and reassurance to women and their partners.
10. Helping parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death.
11. Writing records.
12. Provide technical support and oversight to mobile health team in patient care and service delivery.
13. Referral of patients to and between hospitals/healthcare facilities.
14. Collaborate with the team leader and medical coordinator in sending orders for periodic re-stocking.
15. Work with M&E team to ensure accuracy and quality of data collected from all hospital/healthcare facilities on a monthly
16. Conduct monthly data analysis and take action as appropriate in cooperation with supervisor.
17. Provide training to healthcare (nurses) personnel for specific needs.
18. Works as a member of the team, taking in consideration the non-medical problems encountered by the patients (i.e. feeding and psychosocial)
19. Develop and foster professional working relationship with community members and technical counterparts of healthcare facilities.
20. Conduct home visits according to plans prepared by medical team and approved by supervisor.21. Follow up with target groups such as pregnant/lactating women, children less than 5 years old especially with regard to utilization and access to antenatal services and vaccination services and TBC patients.
22. Conduct triage and initial patient assessment prior to referral to the medical doctor.
23. Ensures patient confidentiality.
24. Provide weekly reports regarding beneficiaries visited.
25. Perform regular health education sessions for beneficiaries.
26. Submit daily and weekly drug consumption report including: notify medical doctor of drug stock and expiry dates of drugs.
27. Attend program meetings as scheduled.
28. Actively participate in activity planning.
29. Assist other program staff whenever needed.
30- Provide awareness sessions and short lectures to nurses, nurses’ assistants and technicians about the duties of midwife and encourage those who want to be trained further about midwifery in order to be trained further in the discipline.
31. Any other responsibility assigned by his/her supervisor.
1. Registered midwife or registered nurse, with diploma or relevant experience on midwifery.
2. At least 3 years’ clinical experience.
3. Able to provide treatment and assistance to all individuals needing his/her care.
4- leader ship qualities and ability to provide lectures and training sessions is highly desirable.
4. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Willing to work in resource limited settings, especially peripheral areas in Libya.
6. Able to provide feedback/reports regarding work -related activities.
7. Able to speak in Arabic, English desirable.
Arabic mother tongue
English is desirable.
Able to use basic operating systems like windows.
Able to use main office applications: Word, Excel and Power point
Ability to manage Emails is required
EMAIL YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER TO LIBYA-RECRUITMENT@INTERNATIONALMEDICALCORPS.ORG INDICATING IN THE SUBJECT THE POSITION
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان