Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Human Resources AssistantDuty Station : Tripoli, LibyaClassification : Ungraded
(Type of Appointment : Special short term (six months with possibility of extensionEstimated Start Date : As soon as possibleReference Code : CFA.LY10.2020.001Closing Date : February 26, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resources Management Unit and direct supervision of the Human Resource Officer (HRO), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support to human resources functions of IOM Libya Country Office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Process national staff members contracts, personnel actions, promotions and separations and coordinate with relevant Administrative Centers (MAC and PAC).
2. Process national staff entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
3. Assist Finance Unit in processing the payroll each month.
4. Assist HRO in the validation of the monthly payroll reports.
5. Process EOD reimbursement, medical advances and salary advances for national staff.
6. Coordinate with PAC reclassification of positions and prepare and issue the promotion calculation tables.
7. Assist in scheduling interviews of applicants for national positions and prepare interview protocols and recruitment forms for the interview panel and interview candidates.
8. Maintenance and update of personnel files for national and international staff, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
9. Ensure that SAP is updated with employees’ information and data.
10. Issue certificates of employment, HR letters, separation, termination and non-extension notices.
11. Process separation documents for national staff including preparation and issuance of the separation notices, coordinate with PAC the submission of the separation clearance forms and staff entitlements before releasing the final payment
12. Assist the Human Resource Officer in analyzing and resolving HR issues/complaints in the Country Office through fact-based information and best practice sharing.
13. Prepare medical escort contracts needed for operations.
14. Perform any other duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Industrial Relations, Behavioural and Development Studies, Public or Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in human resource management and general personnel administration; or
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience;
• Diploma or Certification in HR is an advantage.
• Experience in recruitment and human resource management;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients;
• High level of computer literacy with experience in HR IT systems and applications; working knowledge of SAP an advantage;
• Excellent organization and analytical skills, attention to details, and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Knowledge of HR rules and regulations.
• Fluent English.
• Working knowledge of French/Spanish is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, by 26 Feb 2020 at the latest, mentioning the Reference Code and the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 13.02.2020 to 26.02.2020
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان