Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Admin and HR AssistantDuty Station : Tripoli, LibyaClassification : Ungraded
(Type of Appointment : Special short term (six months with possibility of extensionEstimated Start Date : As soon as possibleReference Code : CFA.LY10.2020.002Closing Date : February 26, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resources Management Unit and direct supervision of the Human Resource Officer (HRO), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support to human resources functions of IOM Libya Country Office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Undertake regular checks in the staff personal files to ensure that the files are updated;
2. Follow up from staff on any pending and yearly compulsory documents required;
3. Maintain and update overtime/compensatory leave, sick/annual leave records of all staff. Regularly check the attendance reports for SMs;
4. Prepare Overtime calculations for Drivers in coordination with the Sr. HR Assistant;
5. Track staff member’s annual leave balances and notify supervisors and SM quarterly;
6. Responsible for distribution of monthly timesheets to all staff and following up on submission of the signed copies from the staff;
7. Assist in preparing general staff letters relative to HR in coordination with the Sr. HR Assistant;
8. Maintain and update the HR file with all updated General Instructions, General Bulletins and any other HR information updates;
9. Prepare MSP cards for all National staff under the MSP cover;
10. Update and keep track of progress of submission of Security Training Certificates (BSITF II and ASITF);
11. Update and keep track of progress of submission of all mandatory Training Certificates (Gender, Ethics and conduct, PSEA, etc);
12. Coordinate with CTG focal for any HR related concerns of CTG consultants
13. Keep the confidentiality matters as defined by the mission’s requirements and IOM sources;
14. Perform such other duties as may be required
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Industrial Relations, Behavioral and Development Studies, Public or Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with one year of relevant professional experience in human resource management and general personnel administration; or
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with 3 years of relevant professional experience;
• Diploma or Certification in HR is an advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients;
• High level of computer literacy with experience in HR IT systems and applications; working knowledge of SAP is an advantage;
• Excellent organization and analytical skills, attention to details, and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Knowledge of HR rules and regulations.
• Fluent English.
• Working knowledge of French/Spanish is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 26 Feb 2020 at the latest, mentioning the Reference Code and the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period:From 13.02.2020 to 26.02.2020
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان