About the job :
Overall purpose of the role: Under the guidance of the Protection Programme Manager, the Team Leader (community-based protection) is responsible for implementing a range of community-based activities that reduce risk and increase capacity with identified communities in specific geographic areas of Libya. This includes IDPs, migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, as well as members of host communities.
The position fosters social cohesion and strengthens communities’ resilience through the promotion of empowering, participatory community activities and programmes. The position also collaborates with other officers in the protection Unit and the PIM officer on the implementation of activities, monitoring and reporting, external representation and human resources, to ensure quality and efficiency of the overall protection programme.
– Contribute to the planning and implementation of community mapping exercises and outreach in under the guidance of Protection Team leader and Protection officer.
– In coordination with the Protection Officer, Lead in the community mobilization and carry out risk education and awareness raising sessions on identified community based protection themes
– Maintain a strong rapport with the community focal points in the program areas and working closely with community mobilisers facilitating information exchange.
– Contribute to the identification of community capacity gaps and participate in empowerment activities.
– Support communities and participate in carrying out early warning systems and safety plans.
– Ensure that relevant program tools, forms and SOPs and the applicable professional standards related to protection and humanitarian interventions are adhered to.
– Support protection officer as needed in carrying out filed based programme activities related to community outreach, protection monitoring, or assessments at the individual, household or community level.
– In coordination wth the Protection Officer and Team leader, Use solid participatory approaches with attention to age, gender, diversity and vulnerability criteria, to facilitate meaningful dialogues that enable participants to self-identify protection concerns that affect their own communities.
Representation and coordination :
– In coordination with the Protection Team leader and Officer, represent DRC to a range of stakeholders including individual beneficiaries and community groups, humanitarian agencies, services providers, local authorities, etc. To this end, ensure professional standards and transparent communication to build trust and collaboration with concerned stakeholders.
– Interact with community mobilisers, staff community leaders / groups and individuals and in ways that respect and promote safety, agency and dignity in accordance with professional standards for protection and humanitarian work.
– Collaborate with the MEAL teams in carrying monitoring, evaluation and feedback activities within the target areas.
– Ensure proper use of tools and online platforms provided for effective reporting information management as relevant.
– Support the coordination of programme activities as they relate to logistics, administration, finances or security as relevant, in coordination with the relevant departments. Ensure the compliance of staff with the relevant internal policies and directives.
– Under the guidance and supervision of the Protection Team leader and Officer, supervise and support the Community Mobilizers.
– Ensure that Protection Assistants and mobilisers fulfil their roles as per the ToRs by providing support and guidance.
About you :
• 1 –2 years of professional experience in the field of humanitarian interventions, human rights or community development, preferably with an international humanitarian organization.
• Experience in Community mobilization and community based initiatives.
• Experience in community mobilization and or community based initiatives. Solid knowledge of the migration context in Libya and of the protection issues affecting migrants and refugees
• Strong skills in communication, and implementing participatory, community-based approaches.
• Proven capacity to document, summarize and analyze information in a clear and systematic manner.
• Solid experience in responding to needs of particularly vulnerable individuals and groups using analyses of age, gender, and diversity and other criteria.
• Demonstrated capacity to effectively represent a humanitarian organization with the communities.
We are also expecting:
• University Degree in the field of social sciences, political affairs, humanitarian affairs, international law, development or any other related field
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
• Knowledge of French will be an advantage.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
We offer :
Contract length: 6 months- Renewable.
Designation of Duty Station: Tripoli, Libya.
Suggested start Date: ASAP Feb 2020
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.Closing date for applications: 17 Feb 2020.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visitdrc.ngo/jobsupport.
Please click on the link below to apply:
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان