About the job
Under the guidance of the Protection Team Leader (Case Management), the Protection Officer (Case Management) is responsible of the delivery of specialized protection and humanitarian assistance to IDPs, migrants and refugees in Libya. The position supports protection assistants (Case Management) in implementing case management processes from intake to closure: identification, assessment, care planning, using referral pathways, providing IPA and counselling. The position coordinates with other team members including PIM Officer and MEAL department to ensure best implementation of activities, monitoring and data collection, so as to ensure quality and efficiency of the overall protection programme.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Carry out community mapping exercises and outreach activities under the guidance of Programme Manager and Protection Team leader.
In coordination with the Protection Team Leader, conduct service mapping of international and local actors.
Maintain a strong rapport with the community focal points, external actors and beneficiaries.
Ensure that relevant program tools, forms and SOPs and the applicable professional standards related to protection and humanitarian interventions are up to date and adhered to.
Support team members as needed in data collection activities, assessments and related programme activities.
In coordination with the Protection Team leader, Use solid participatory approaches with attention to age, gender, diversity and vulnerability criteria, to facilitate meaningful dialogues with individuals and communities.
Support the protection assistants in implementing proper case management steps to identify protection cases and support them through a durable and sustainable approach.
Coordinate and participate in supporting communities in carrying out early warning systems and safety plans.
Monitoring and Reporting.
– Collaborate with the MEAL department and the PIM officer in carrying monitoring, evaluation and feedback activities within the target areas.
– Provide oversight and guidance and support to protection assistants in the field application and use of the tools and comply with the processes related to monitoring, reporting and information management.
– Ensure that activity reports are archived on the server and/or uploaded onto online platforms for information management as relevant.
Representation and coordination
– Under the guidance of the Protection Team Leader, Represent DRC to a range of stakeholders including individual beneficiaries and community groups, humanitarian agencies, services providers, local authorities, etc. To this end, ensure professional standards and transparent communication to build trust and collaboration with concerned stakeholders.
– Ensure that interactions by staff with individual beneficiaries and community groups take place in environments and in ways that respect and promote safety, agency and dignity in accordance with professional standards for protection and humanitarian work.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Protection Team leader, supervise the Case Management Protection Assistants.
Ensure that Protection Assistants fulfil their roles as per the ToRs by providing support and guidance.
Coordinate leave plans and schedules to ensure the effective implementation of programme activities.
Promote a professional environment conducive to collaboration, teamwork and professional development. Uphold compliance of programme staff with the applicable standards related to protection programming, code of conduct, as well as additional internal DRC procedures and guidelines related to human resources.
– Support the coordination of programme activities as they relate to logistics, administration, finances or security as relevant, in coordination with the relevant departments. Ensure the compliance of staff with the relevant internal policies and directives.
To be successful in this role we expect you to Experience and technical competencies:
2-3 years of professional experience in the field of humanitarian interventions, social work, case management, human rights or community development, preferably with an international humanitarian organization.
1-2 years or experience in case management programming.
Solid knowledge of the migration context in Libya and of the protection issues affecting IDP’s, migrants and refugees.
Strong skills in communication (Oral and Written) and implementing participatory and empowering approaches.
Very good facilitation and interpersonal skills. Ability to deliver (Or support in delivering) trainings.
Proven capacity to document, summarize and analyze information in a clear and systematic manner.
Solid experience in responding to needs of particularly vulnerable individuals and groups using analyses of age, gender, and diversity and other criteria.
Demonstrated capacity to effectively represent a humanitarian organization with the communities.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
University Degree in the Social Sciences, Sociology, Community Development or any other related field.
Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and some level of English
Basic knowledge of French an asset
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Type of Contract: National Employment contract.
Contract length: 6 Months Renewable.
Start date: ASAP Feb 2020.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates/ Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 17 Feb 2020 at mignight.
Please click on the link below to apply:
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان