Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. The IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC is working in Libya since August 2016, targeting the most vulnerable non-displaced, IDPs, refugees and migrants in hard-to-reach areas. According to assessments, healthcare is considered the priority need in Libya, most urgently in terms of quality health staff, medicines and supplies. There are significant gaps in the response, according to Libya’s Ministry of Health (MoH), the Libyan Red Crescent, UN agencies, and international NGOs. IRC’s team in Libya has the specific goal of reaching those in the hardest hit areas to beneficiaries of all ages and gender, both Libyans and third-country nationals. The emergency health activities will be focused on supporting essential primary health care. The reproductive health activities will specifically target women and girls. IRC’s emergency team is engaging local communities and empowering them to ensure they have equal access to health services while mobilizing outreach medical teams to maintain proximity to the people in need.
Location: Misrata, Libya
Travel Requirements: Misrata zone
Project/Dept.: Safety and Security
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS AND COORDINATION:
Reports to: Security and Access Coordinator (SAC)
Dotted-Line/Technical to: Misrata Field manager (AC)
Internal: Program and Operation Teams
External: All stakeholders related to access in the region.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Libyan Liaison Officer’s responsibility is to monitor the overall security situation, enforce safety regulations and provide sound and timely advice to IRC Libya staff and management in order to support the safe and efficient delivery of program activities in the designated area of operations
Supporting Health and Safety Management Planning
· Providing technical support on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational safety and program continuity;
· Develop, consolidate and implement operating procedures and contingency plans;
· Evaluate, review and update the hibernation and evacuation plans for all IRC offices and residences in Misrata, and ensure that the practical preparations are in place and known to all staff involved;
· Conduct risk assessments of contracted and prospective offices and residences.
· Undertake continual assessments of equipment to ensure that minimal conditions for safety are being met.
Building Acceptance to Empower and Expand Humanitarian Programming
· Uphold the mission, values, and spirit of IRC.
· Follow and enforce all IRC codes of conduct and policies (worldwide and in-country).
· Report any violations to appropriate IRC authority, and participate in preventative initiatives.
· Actively seek opportunities that will complement ability to fulfill position’s responsibilities as well as further professional development, such as taking part in internal and external trainings.
· Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
· Monitoring and Reporting
· Identify, establish, and manage context appropriate approach to assure IRC facilities are secure – i.e. third party safety companies.
· Compile and submit monthly and weekly reporting that track incidents and trends within the IRC’s area of operation. Submit daily contextual updates.
· Monitor and report ongoing issues/incidents – which potentially impact the IRC operation to FC and AC in a timely manner.
· Work closely with IRC teams to ensure all incidents and accidents are followed up with an official written report, which is then shared with relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately.
· Track, record, and document staff movements coordinating with each department.
· Safety Orientation
· Provide training(s) which may include Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs); Contingency Plans (CPs); Safety Management; Incident Reporting; Prevention and Response Mechanisms;
· Communications (Equipment – Thuraya; protocols).
· Education degree: Bachelor Degree
Field of education: • Tertiary education (Bachelor minimum) in social science, education, communication, or other related fields
· 3 years of experiences in safety and security management or/and analysis
· Good knowledge of the Misrata region and proven local network
· Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic
· Computer skills (at minimum, MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
· Stable, moral, humble, robust character and a good team-player • Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor
· Proven commitment to accountability practices
· Able and willingness to travel and to move inside Libya Desired
· 1 – 3 years of experience working with NGOs or other humanitarian agencies
· Management and/or supervisory experience
· Training in safety and disaster management
· Training or experience in crisis management
· Training in safety, fire and evacuation procedures
· Experience in negotiating access for humanitarian or other agencies
· Database management and GIS (Arch GIS and Q-GIS) skills/knowledge
The position will be based in Misrata and its suburbs
To apply for this position: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=7996
The end date for applications is the 11th of February, 2020.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان