Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Treasury AssistantDuty Station : Tripoli, LibyaClassification : General Service Staff,G4
(Type of Appointment : SST (Six months, with possibility of extensionEstimated Start Date : As soon as possibleReference Code : SVN.LY10.2019.034Closing Date : January 15, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resource Management and direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Payment of International/ National staff (medical/ cash advances, Daily Subsistence Allowances, etc.) and vendor down-payment.
2. Ensure that checks are processed accurately; review and validate bank details used in wire transfer; ensure that wire transfer are processed, signed and authorized.
3. Responsible for releasing payments vendors and ensure that official or acknowledgment receipts are on hand prior to release.
4. Responsible for preparing MPR and ensure that transaction is booked and recorded in PRISM prior to sending to MTS for payment and all required documents are attached and is authorized by the Chief of Mission.
5. Ensure that payment clearing documents in SAP vendor account is done as well as proper recording to cash GL in PRISM.
6. Arrange the proper and timely execution of payments relating to rentals, administrative expenses, project related, medical reimbursements and payroll remittances. Process payments instructions in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure that all vouchers and other relevant materials are completed, properly authorized, correctly computed and in compliance with internal guidelines.
7. Assist for monthly payroll runs, and generating monthly payroll reports for National staff in the mission through PRISM HR; secure authorization for approval and ensure timely submission to CIB for payment of salaries before due date.
8. Responsible for updating various excel files maintained by the unit such as summary of MPR’s, Mission Funding request, and other miscellaneous payments for ease references in finding vouchers during audit queries and investigations.
9. Responsible for mission revolving funds (Petty cash funds) and ensure timely recording in FBCJ are done and cash balances are tallied regularly for eventual cash count.
10. Responsible for filing vouchers for all transactions of the missions and ensure that filing of financial related documents are updated and relevant records are maintained for ease reference.
11. In charge of timely check collection and cashing checks by following up with vendor to avoid outstanding checks.
12. Having full responsibility of cash keys and in case of absence, proper hand over should be performed with the staff backstopping cash payments.
13. Undertake any other duties within the incumbent’s that might be assigned by the RMO and the Procurement Officer
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related academic background, combined with at least 2 years of relevant working experience; or,
• Holder of a Secondary School Diploma, with at least 4 years of relevant working experience;Experience
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
• Previous work experience with an international organization and NGOs dealing with refugees would be a strong advantage.
• Strong Computer skills especially in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.Languages
Fluency in English is required.
Working knowledge of French and Spanish is advantageous
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.Other
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 15 January 2020 at the latest, mentioning the reference code and the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 09.01.2020 To 15.01.2020
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان