DATA ENTRY CLERKCountry and Base BENGHAZI, LIBYAReports to MEAL OfficerExpected Date Of Arrival 01/02/2020Announcing Date: 09/01/2020Closing Date: 20/01/2020 – 5 pmApplication submission information: Interested candidates should submit their applications by EMAIL ONLY with the subject: BGZ Data Clerk + your FULL NAME to email@example.com with letter of motivation, recent CV, diplomas and any relevant certificates (work, trainings etc), contact (phone/email)Applications not respecting these instructions may not be considered.
General InformationThe organisation
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads, on average, 190 projects each year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 21 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
Since 2017, PUI is providing health services to vulnerable people through 5 mobile medical team in Benghazi and Great Benghazi. PUI is working with internal displaced persons, migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, returnees, affected host community in camps, outside of camps and detention centres. Moreover, PUI is ensuring rehabilitation of community infrastructures and detention centres in order to improve the living conditions of people in needs in addition to distribution of hygiene kits.
In 2019 PUI with collaboration of PCI and IRC launch NCD project, the overall objective of the joint project is the reduction in NCD-related morbidity and mortality in the Libyan population. This objective will be realized through equipping Libyan Health services with the skills, resources and technical expertise needed in order to effectively prevent and manage NCDs across pilot sites.
Under the supervision of the MEAL Officer and in close cooperation with the project team and the activity manager, the Data entry clerk centralizes, collects and compiles all the data collected throughout the course of a program (assessment data, activity and monitoring data, medical data). He/she should also do the required analysis; and participates to needed assessments, collects routine Monitoring & Evaluation data at community level and gathers beneficiaries’ feedback.
Responsibilities and scope of duties
Compilation of accurate and complete program-related data in databases and their timely submission/ reporting to relevant internal/ external persons.
Ensure accurate and appropriate data collection on the field
Contribute to the implementation of all the activities related to accountability to beneficiaries
Contribute to the communication and reporting on activities1. DATA COLLECTION AND COMPILATION
• Upon request from the Manager, collect and/or supervise collection of program-related data on the field (surveys, assessments, medical data, etc.)
• Provide support to the Manager in designing data collection tools and program databases
• Compile all program-related data in dedicated database (epidemiological, surveys, etc.) in an accurate and timely manner
• Produce and provide the data and information requested by his/her manager and program teams
• Support program teams in the processing of information and data gathered
• Participate to the quality and accuracy follow up of data collected on the field
• Analyze the data – elaborate statistics tables; sort and cross the data; write a report on the results; detect missing or redundant data and propose improvements.
2. OUTREACH ACTIVITIES
• Participate to the collection of all AME-related data on the field (surveys, questionnaire, Focus Groups, etc.)
• Participate in gathering community data to better understand the nature of their needs, assess projects effectiveness, identifying priority issues, community resources, etc.
• Participate to the implementation of beneficiary accountability systems (feedback and complaint mechanisms, information sharing, satisfaction surveys, etc.) for each project
3. REPORTING/ COMMUNICATION
• Participate in MEAL and Program teams meetings
• File and back up information and data
• Ensure archiving of all documents related to his / her activities
• Ensure that regular and effective communications are maintained with the Manager, report any discrepancy or issue encountered during the course of activities
• Due to the nature of the tasks to be performed, confidentiality is a requirement.4. OTHER DUTIES
• Ensure archiving of all documents related to his / her activities
• Respect PUI rules and report any safety or security information to his/her manager
• In additional to the above listed responsibilities, the Data entry clerk is responsible for any other duty asked by the Manager
In General, the Collaborator has to remain flexible and perform any other duties as required for the good running of operations
NB: This job description may be subject to modifications in the future, depending on the evolution of the activities. These modifications will then be defined and discussed between the Collaborator and PUI
REQUIRED DESIRABLEEDUCATION / TRAINING
Bachelor‘s degree (IT, statistics, or other relevant specialisation)
Training in Project Cycle management
Training in community or public health
Experience in data collection, Prior experience in health sector, community education, community development, community mobilisation, social work or a related discipline; (Required)
Experience in utilizing computers and information management, reporting, data handling, monitoring and evaluation of projects in a humanitarian context . Experience designing databases. Experience on implementation of assessment and Monitoring & Evaluation within humanitarian context (Desirable)
Knowledge and skills
– Excellent communication and analytical skills
– Excecllent organisational skills
– Strong IT skills, including excel
Ability to work in unstable circumstances
Strong computer skills essential, including ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, Project & database Management software
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission)
Serious with a good sense of analyse;
Accuracy, ability to work rigorously;
Excellent communication techniques;
Ability to conduct field visits;
Very good organizational skills;
Ability to solve problems and proactively;
Regional and cultural knowledge and sensitivity;
Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with other project personnel;
Good judgment; tact; integrity; tolerance of differing points of view and beliefs;
General ability to resist stress and in unstable circumstances particularly.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان